Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.
By SPG
Blaster wrote:I am also including reasons and my favorite spin offs in that order

Gen 1: Red (nuff said) (Pokémon Stadium (one of my first Pokémon experiences))
Gen 2: Crystal (I can't explain why, I just prefer crystal over gold/ silver (probably because I played crystal first)) (Pokémon Stadium 2 (stadium 1 with more Pokémon))
Gen 3: Emerald (aside from this being my first Pokémon game, two villain teams in the same game, vilains are more of a threat, love the soundtrack, battle frontier and can get all three weather trio members) ( Red Rescue Team (great soundtrack, love the story, and kept me going until gen IV (didn't like sapphire and leaf green as much)))
Gen 4: Platinum (fixed issues I had in Diamond (surf speed), Torn world, slightly easier battle frontier, better sprites, and allowed me to catch mesprit (I still have no idea where the thing went in my diamond. it just disappeared)/ Heart Gold (Gen 2 with a remix, fixed the issues that I had with Fire red/ leaf green) (Shadows of Almia (fixed the issues I had with the original (*cough mk 1 stylus *cough)/ Explorers of the Sky (definitive explorers game))
Gen 5: White 2 (definitive gen 5) (I am honestly torn between including gates to infinity here because I can't distinguish between weather it is in Gen 5/6)

gates to infinity is gen 5 because it doesnt have a single gen 6 pokemon in it, every spin off released after october is gen 6

By S_Kunai
#66053 Simply put, Pokemon Fire red was my favorite game with Emerald in a close second. Some of the others were pretty fun but they don't compare to these two.
By Blaster
SPG wrote:
Blaster wrote:I am also including reasons and my favorite spin offs in that order

Gen 1: Red (nuff said) (Pokémon Stadium (one of my first Pokémon experiences))
Gen 2: Crystal (I can't explain why, I just prefer crystal over gold/ silver (probably because I played crystal first)) (Pokémon Stadium 2 (stadium 1 with more Pokémon))
Gen 3: Emerald (aside from this being my first Pokémon game, two villain teams in the same game, vilains are more of a threat, love the soundtrack, battle frontier and can get all three weather trio members) ( Red Rescue Team (great soundtrack, love the story, and kept me going until gen IV (didn't like sapphire and leaf green as much)))
Gen 4: Platinum (fixed issues I had in Diamond (surf speed), Torn world, slightly easier battle frontier, better sprites, and allowed me to catch mesprit (I still have no idea where the thing went in my diamond. it just disappeared)/ Heart Gold (Gen 2 with a remix, fixed the issues that I had with Fire red/ leaf green) (Shadows of Almia (fixed the issues I had with the original (*cough mk 1 stylus *cough)/ Explorers of the Sky (definitive explorers game))
Gen 5: White 2 (definitive gen 5) (I am honestly torn between including gates to infinity here because I can't distinguish between weather it is in Gen 5/6)

gates to infinity is gen 5 because it doesnt have a single gen 6 pokemon in it, every spin off released after october is gen 6

True
JOIN THE TEAM