Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.
By Rzxa
#47059 The trailer was English so fairy type is the official name for the new type and come on whats wrong with the fairy type

By karrybird
#47064 it's sad that society has influenced us so much that we are so quick to assume fairies are "girly"
they are far from girly, and if anyone has actually taken the time to research why that is, they would see why they would be super effective against dragons and how badass they can really be.

and for the people who don't think this can be a type, how is dragon a type? ghost? bug? they are based on things and shouldn't "technically" have a type based around them, but no one seems to be bothered by it at all.
honestly, the series isn't just for boys. as soon as something sounds remotely "girly" they all go in a frenzy about how "lame" it is or whatever they want to complain about.

just be happy that they are innovating and trying something new.
like one of the comments above has said, they can do so much with this type.
By SPG
karrybird wrote:it's sad that society has influenced us so much that we are so quick to assume fairies are "girly"
they are far from girly, and if anyone has actually taken the time to research why that is, they would see why they would be super effective against dragons and how badass they can really be.

and for the people who don't think this can be a type, how is dragon a type? ghost? bug? they are based on things and shouldn't "technically" have a type based around them, but no one seems to be bothered by it at all.
honestly, the series isn't just for boys. as soon as something sounds remotely "girly" they all go in a frenzy about how "lame" it is or whatever they want to complain about.

just be happy that they are innovating and trying something new.
like one of the comments above has said, they can do so much with this type.

ya...
SPG wrote:i dont care if it sounds "girly" thats a piss poor argument if i have ever seen one, and here is another bad one as well, it doesnt sound like it should be a type, a fairy is a thing, but with me saying that, it also means ghost shouldnt be a type, ya, contradicting myself

not sure why, but i felt the need to do that, anyways, arent elves technically a form of a fairy? because then link and a bunch of things in skyrim shoot down a lot of peoples "girly" logic

im also over it sounding stupid now that i look at it like that lol
By KuryoZT
#47177 I hope you guys haven't misread my post -_-
I said, I hope that the society's views on fairies being girly mythical creatures won't influence Gamefreak to release only girly pokes for that type, it'd be a real shame.
I want to see some badass fairy type, taken from the old days, when Fairy=/=5years girl dreams.

And I looked it up, every name Lafiel gave, all humanoids -_-
I'm still not convinced Fairy==Dragons in myths, but whatever.
I hope to see some diversity in the type when X&Y come out in Octobre, because for now, all Fairy typed pokes announced do look more girly than others. It's not such a bad thing, I'm not against girly pokes, just don't want a full-on girly type.

And for SPG, no. While they're based upon common grounds, the elves are of Nordic origin (Germany, Vikings, stuff like that) while the fairies are of Celtic origins (UK, France...) so they're both from ghostly beings, fantom and such, but from different regions of the Old Wolrd. I don't know if we can link them though, because they are basically from the same thing, just interpreted differently. And yes, that'd shoot down "girly" as a theme. Just like I said, gnomes, trolls, and other mischievous spirits also would shoot down that theme, I just hope Gamefreak realized it too.

And the trailer was in English because it was for E3, wasn't is? So maybe they'll still change some stuff here and there, it did say that the game could still change, not definitive result.

And "Fighting" in japanese could be translated as "Hero", so... yeah, no light possible. Because they're basically the same thing, fighting the forces of "Evil"(=Ghost/Dark, I don't remember)
By SPG
KuryoZT wrote:I hope you guys haven't misread my post -_-
I said, I hope that the society's views on fairies being girly mythical creatures won't influence Gamefreak to release only girly pokes for that type, it'd be a real shame.
I want to see some badass fairy type, taken from the old days, when Fairy=/=5years girl dreams.

And I looked it up, every name Lafiel gave, all humanoids -_-
I'm still not convinced Fairy==Dragons in myths, but whatever.
I hope to see some diversity in the type when X&Y come out in Octobre, because for now, all Fairy typed pokes announced do look more girly than others. It's not such a bad thing, I'm not against girly pokes, just don't want a full-on girly type.

And for SPG, no. While they're based upon common grounds, the elves are of Nordic origin (Germany, Vikings, stuff like that) while the fairies are of Celtic origins (UK, France...) so they're both from ghostly beings, fantom and such, but from different regions of the Old Wolrd. I don't know if we can link them though, because they are basically from the same thing, just interpreted differently. And yes, that'd shoot down "girly" as a theme. Just like I said, gnomes, trolls, and other mischievous spirits also would shoot down that theme, I just hope Gamefreak realized it too.

And the trailer was in English because it was for E3, wasn't is? So maybe they'll still change some stuff here and there, it did say that the game could still change, not definitive result.

And "Fighting" in japanese could be translated as "Hero", so... yeah, no light possible. Because they're basically the same thing, fighting the forces of "Evil"(=Ghost/Dark, I don't remember)

not going to lie, i havent once read your posts yet lol anyways, i have looked up things with the magical power of google, that faries are elves are related, so thats good enough for me. as for the english thing, the trailer being in english had nothing to do with e3, that was hosted on nitnendo direct, they host several versions of it at the same time when it comes on, so jap got their own nintendo direct but in japenese, it was the same exact thing of course, just in a different language
By Rzxa
#47282 You know what I would like to see a ghost/fairy type pokemon make that happen gamefreak !
By stel312
#48199 Here is a list of fairy types that are 6th gen flabebe sylveon and maybe xerneas and

So far, three older Pokémon are being reclassified as Fairy Type Pokémon in Pokémon X and Y. They are Gardevoir (Psychic/Fairy), Jigglypuff (Normal/Fairy), and Marill (Water/Fairy). No word yet on Ralts, Kirlia, Igglybuff, Wigglytuff, Azurill, or Azumarill. Other possible candidates for Fairy type include Cleffa, Clefairy, Clefable; Togepi, Togetic, Togekiss; Snubbull, Granbull; Chansey, Blissey;
Hope this helped
By KuryoZT
#48214 And no detail on them (Gardevoir. Jigglypuff, Marill) keeping their old types, I think they will, but it's not 100% sure. And MAYBE the legendaries, only 5 confirmed, the three before and Flabebe and Sylveon.

And SPG, serioulsy? I make my posts as detailed as I can, and you don't even read them?! p-q
(It's supposed to be a crying smiley)
By kikkinwang
#48387 Hooray, now dragon-types aren't so overpowered anymore!
By The_Nanobots
kikkinwang wrote:Hooray, now dragon-types aren't so overpowered anymore!

It was actually steel types that were overpowered.
JOIN THE TEAM