Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.
By KuryoZT
#46602 As I said earlier, the only thing proven true by Nintendo is that Fairy is super effective against Dragon.
The rest are just rumors, but here: http://mynintendonews.com/2013/05/15/sy ... e-pokemon/
It's an article 2 months old, so way before E3 where Fairy was announced by Nintendo, the source says it's immune to Dragon, weak against Poison and Steel, super effective against Dragon (only thing proven true) Dark and Fighting, and Fire and Psychic would be resistant to Fairy. So it'd be an immunity, 2weakness, 3types weak to it, and 2 types resistant to it. But it's all rumor, but seeing how old it is, and how much is true... I said I'd wait until at least one or two other things are proven true by Nintendo/GameFreak itself (like the name, or the evolutions for the starters) before I take it as mostly true. Right now it's only lucky hit for me.

But dual-typed attack? That's gonna wreak the system fo sure.
For now, only the first gym, the EV thing, the new flying battle, Sylveon and fairy type, with older pokes being converted to it, Mewtwo's second form, all these are the only things proven true and announced by Nintendo/GameFreak itself.
Gonna have to follow the pokenews for a while, but these games are already proven awsome for now.
I mean, seriously, BENCHES!!!

SPG wrote:
Blaster wrote:I have herd rumors of it being strong against Dragon, Dark and fighting but weak against Fire, Poison, Steel and Psychic. If true= Over powered.

thats not a rumor, they straight up said it on Nintendo direct when they mentioned the new type

Nope, they only mention it being super effective against Dragon type.
Fighting, Poison and Ice were tested as Sylveon's type during Pokemon Smash, but they never said if Sylveon was strong or weak against it.
Or tell me when they say it.

By Umbreon1110
#46608 I like new types, but FAIRY... Really? Sort of lame. Why not Sound, light, Digital, or idk something people actually want as a new type? I'm assuming that there would be another new type because the last time new types were introduced, there was two, Dark and Steel. We must be looking at Fairy, and another type. I'm thinking Digital is the most likely. Anyways, that's my thoughts on this new type.
By SPG
KuryoZT wrote:As I said earlier, the only thing proven true by Nintendo is that Fairy is super effective against Dragon.
The rest are just rumors, but here: http://mynintendonews.com/2013/05/15/sy ... e-pokemon/
It's an article 2 months old, so way before E3 where Fairy was announced by Nintendo, the source says it's immune to Dragon, weak against Poison and Steel, super effective against Dragon (only thing proven true) Dark and Fighting, and Fire and Psychic would be resistant to Fairy. So it'd be an immunity, 2weakness, 3types weak to it, and 2 types resistant to it. But it's all rumor, but seeing how old it is, and how much is true... I said I'd wait until at least one or two other things are proven true by Nintendo/GameFreak itself (like the name, or the evolutions for the starters) before I take it as mostly true. Right now it's only lucky hit for me.

But dual-typed attack? That's gonna wreak the system fo sure.
For now, only the first gym, the EV thing, the new flying battle, Sylveon and fairy type, with older pokes being converted to it, Mewtwo's second form, all these are the only things proven true and announced by Nintendo/GameFreak itself.
Gonna have to follow the pokenews for a while, but these games are already proven awsome for now.
I mean, seriously, BENCHES!!!

SPG wrote:
Blaster wrote:I have herd rumors of it being strong against Dragon, Dark and fighting but weak against Fire, Poison, Steel and Psychic. If true= Over powered.

thats not a rumor, they straight up said it on Nintendo direct when they mentioned the new type

Nope, they only mention it being super effective against Dragon type.
Fighting, Poison and Ice were tested as Sylveon's type during Pokemon Smash, but they never said if Sylveon was strong or weak against it.
Or tell me when they say it.

I was talking about the super effectiveness of it, not everything else, being on a phone blows
By KuryoZT
Umbreon1110 wrote:I like new types, but FAIRY... Really? Sort of lame. Why not Sound, light, Digital, or idk something people actually want as a new type? I'm assuming that there would be another new type because the last time new types were introduced, there was two, Dark and Steel. We must be looking at Fairy, and another type. I'm thinking Digital is the most likely. Anyways, that's my thoughts on this new type.

I know for sure Light would be impossible for pokemon games now, because in the japanese games, it's the fighting type that takes the place of "Light" type. Just saying.
And just because last time there were two new types that this time too, I mean, last time was the only time, so of course it's 100% of the time, it's the only one.
But I won't take it as a general rule.
By Rzxa
#46694 Damm if they are adding a fairy type in the game they should make a pokemon based of me Tinkerbell
-Tinkerbell 2013
And also Who cares if the name sounds girly. pokemon is for both genders so I'm fine with fairy type
By SPG
Rzxa wrote:Damm if they are adding a fairy type in the game they should make a pokemon based of me Tinkerbell
-Tinkerbell 2013
And also Who cares if the name sounds girly. pokemon is for both genders so I'm fine with fairy type

i dont care if it sounds "girly" thats a piss poor argument if i have ever seen one, and here is another bad one as well, it doesnt sound like it should be a type, a fairy is a thing, but with me saying that, it also means ghost shouldnt be a type, ya, contradicting myself, im sure people will get over it (or just learn to deal with it) eventually, at least I'm sure I will, did the same thing with gen 5, i hated all the pokemon, but once i saw them as models, they actually looked like pokemon to me

that went kind of off-topic, oh well
By KuryoZT
SPG wrote:i dont care if it sounds "girly" thats a piss poor argument if i have ever seen one, and here is another bad one as well, it doesnt sound like it should be a type, a fairy is a thing, but with me saying that, it also means ghost shouldnt be a type, ya, contradicting myself, im sure people will get over it (or just learn to deal with it) eventually, at least I'm sure I will, did the same thing with gen 5, i hated all the pokemon, but once i saw them as models, they actually looked like pokemon to me

Thanks for saying I took my time writing that whole paragraph just to get my point get called "piss poor".
Feels awsome, you know?
I think I'll get over it too. It'd just take some time, but since the games only come out in october, I have the time to get used to it.
By Lafiel
KuryoZT wrote:
Lafiel wrote:stuff.

Since you're gonna put the origins, so shall I.

The word "Fairy" comes from the old french "Faierie", that gave in current french "feerique". Something "feerique" is something that gives a feeling of "out of this world". So mythical creatures could be put under this categorie but in old folklore, fairies always describe something of a human-like form, so dragons would be in this definition.

But in our nowadays legends and myths, fairies are, as you said, small winged human-like creatures, often looking like the elves would, but in miniature.

For both time, they're woods creature, protecting Mother Nature for most, having their ways with "useless"/"weak" humans for pure fun.
Current fairies would use "peacefull" magic, but gnomes and demons would be more proficient to play some kind of prank, don't you think? That's the way they're portraied(?). Some also put dead's spirits, or fallen angels as fairies. Now, that wouldn't work in Pokemon, would it? Those would be put in "Ghost"

So, the type Fairy that nintendo put out could be as well called Elf in Occident. (I think that's the case for Germany, but we'd need confirmation for that)
Both are ear-pointed, comes from wood, "protect Mother Nature", lives in harmony with the woods they're protecting. So if you take out the act they are told to have wings and be of small stature, this stands its ground in my opinion.

But I'm here to say my theory, now your roles are to find faults in there ^.
Of course, my main source in there was Wikipedia, but also my mermory, some books I read, some stuff I heard, some things I've "analysed" on my own. So please, find my faults.

For now, I'll be on SPG's side, the concept (good vs dragon) is good, but the name isn't really in my preference, I find it too girly, as most fairies comes from fairy tales (coincidence? I think not) as Elves come from Fantasy, which, as a teenage boy, I find more suited toward a type supposed to be metachanger, I mean, it's totally gonna wreck the current metagame, with all the newer legendaries being dragon, though we don't know the full weakness/advantages of this new type, the only thing official is the advantage toward dragon type, so not much.

I think I'll finish here. There's surely enough content for just a simple "I don't like the name".
What's better?
Personaly fantasy wins over fairy tales, which are more directed toward young boy and girls alike, I don't know for the age range we could give it, but it goes further for girls, there are shows for girls like Pixies, is it? Involving the myths of fairies. But Pokemon is a game pointed toward the younger generation, so maybe they'll choose to stay with "Fairy".
But the youngs wouldn't mind either would they? I just hope the name "Fairy" won't force subconsciouly GameFreak to release more girly pokemon like Sylveon (I mean it's cute, but really, it's simple to see it's for girls, I ask for a male-like Fighting eeveelutions, even Espeon/Umbreon was more subtle, they were introduces with genders, so it was a good occasion but...)

I hope my point is made, writing this like that, kinda hard. I don't wanna go into too much details for off-topic things, even though it's the off-topic thread.

The Banshee,Merlin, lady of the lake, Valkyries,elves, nymphs, Baobhan Sith,
Changeling, Dullahan,Goblin, Korrigan, Pooka, Cernunnos (a god).

and hundreds of more different creatures, and also fairies dont always stick to human form either.
Their fairy cattle, which is a herd of deer from the celtics.

Fairies is a gaint ass catogory, just like bug and dragon is.

It perfect for a new typ, because they can do so much with it.

That is my point, now if they fk it up and ONLY make it about cute pokemon. Then they are idiots.

(trying to keep this short, but if you still dont get. I guess I actually put up every type of fairy and put links up where you can see how it actually a fairy)(plz dont make me do this, because ya to lazy to actually look it up yourself)
By Umbreon1110
#46979 My words to fairy type: BOOOOOOOOOOO HIIIISSSSSSSSSS
By The_Nanobots
SPG wrote:i dont care if it sounds "girly" thats a piss poor argument if i have ever seen one, and here is another bad one as well, it doesnt sound like it should be a type, a fairy is a thing, but with me saying that, it also means ghost shouldnt be a type, ya, contradicting myself, im sure people will get over it (or just learn to deal with it) eventually, at least I'm sure I will, did the same thing with gen 5, i hated all the pokemon, but once i saw them as models, they actually looked like pokemon to me

Well they could still change the name... I mean flying type was called bird type until well into development. (Missingno.'s sub type is evidence for it) I'm wondering what the "fairy" type is called in japanese. I mean the types only translate roughly from japanese. (dark type in japanese is like demon dark not mischievous dark like we might think of it, or fighting type roughly means light) I'm sure that it makes perfect sense to the group of developers who agreed about adding "fairy" type.
JOIN THE TEAM