Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

How do we proceed?

1%
29%
62%
8%
By MrMasochism
karrybird wrote:
SPG wrote:there will always be those die hard nostalgic people that think the first gen are the only good ones and the rest are crap

god, it's those very people that make me hate the first gens so much...
they glorify it to the point where everything from that gen just makes me sick.

Probably time to relax a bit then. If you are letting other people's fanboyism change your point of view or influence your mood it's time to stop listening to them or reading them...

Anyway, there's really no need for all the angst on this thread, the poll is up, the winner looks pretty obvious at this stage and I've got to sit down at some point and clean this thread up to remove all that which was not constructive to the original post...

By Tom_X
#43430 17 for Gens in order, 43 for no order... and 4 for no new Pokemon
I believed it was nice to have all the Pokemons of one gen finished, then the next Gen's ones, but seeing the chaos, anger and time-waste that it generated, I'm all-in for letting everyone model what they want. It'll just speed things up, and if we can get Karry to do more models, then great
By sargeantsimon
#43678 The matter having largely been decided, this post may be entirely pointless, but whatever. The main issue seems to be that restricting the acceptable pokemon will cause tension around those that don't care for all the pokemon on that list, while an open design prevents cohesion and order. Generally at this point I'd suggest some form of limited restriction, i.e. letting everyone model one (or perhaps two for the better modelers) pokemon not on the approved list. However, I'm not sure such a thing would be entirely beneficial here. The open design certainly makes it so that the popular pokemon will get done, and that if anyone really wants a pokemon, they can do something about it. This solution will most likely make people the most content, which is really what we're after here, right? Perhaps not exactly, but that's not the point. In any case, any restrictions placed would bore people to the point that they flood the beginner modeler forum with their designs because they don't want to work on the approved list.

That's my two cents, anyway. Call in the next twenty minutes and get a whole dollar, absolutely free.
By MrMasochism
#43796 I'll post this here once only. Anyone who tries to turn this thread into a fanboy battle between generations or even comment on such a thing will receive a temporary ban for the forums. This isn't about that it's about how we can move ahead most efficiently
By Gav270
#43816 I'd also like to throw an idea out. Although I'm a big fan of Gen 2 i'm all up for more gens in the game, because for older member I think it might throw us a little bit of a curve ball using pokemon we don't normally give the time of day. My suggestion is similar to sargeantsimon where there probably should be some restrictions on how many modelers can do at once so new modelers could come forward, but instead of doing 1 or 2 pokemon I think it should be the pokemon evolution lines. I really enjoy this mod but I really can't stand anything more than not being able to evolve your pokemon to their final stages, or not being able to catch them in their earlier stages. In addition to this I honestly think it's the best quality when one modeler does the entire line since most previous pokemon look the same. Thanks for the time guys.
By The_Nanobots
Gav270 wrote:I'd also like to throw an idea out. Although I'm a big fan of Gen 2 i'm all up for more gens in the game, because for older member I think it might throw us a little bit of a curve ball using pokemon we don't normally give the time of day. My suggestion is similar to sargeantsimon where there probably should be some restrictions on how many modelers can do at once so new modelers could come forward, but instead of doing 1 or 2 pokemon I think it should be the pokemon evolution lines. I really enjoy this mod but I really can't stand anything more than not being able to evolve your pokemon to their final stages, or not being able to catch them in their earlier stages. In addition to this I honestly think it's the best quality when one modeler does the entire line since most previous pokemon look the same. Thanks for the time guys.

While I agree with this comment I do not like the idea of restricting or requiring what a modeller can or cannot make. The only point of having all gens (aside from gen six) available to be put in game is that it will get more pokemon modelled faster. Restricting to only 3 models outside of a gen that is being worked on is the exact opposite of efficiently modeling as many pokemon as possible.
By Gav270
While I agree with this comment I do not like the idea of restricting or requiring what a modeller can or cannot make. The only point of having all gens (aside from gen six) available to be put in game is that it will get more pokemon modelled faster. Restricting to only 3 models outside of a gen that is being worked on is the exact opposite of efficiently modeling as many pokemon as possible.

That's not what i'm saying at all. Modelers can do what ever they want it's their choice what they do in the first place. I just think that a modeler should focus on one time at a time, and most of them already do this anyway. The suggestion was to do one thing at a time, not to restrict anyone to only 3 models the game would never be finished.
By The_Nanobots
Gav270 wrote:

That's not what i'm saying at all. Modelers can do what ever they want it's their choice what they do in the first place. I just think that a modeler should focus on one time at a time, and most of them already do this anyway. The suggestion was to do one thing at a time, not to restrict anyone to only 3 models the game would never be finished.

I apologize I read your post similarly to the post of the person you mentioned. I read it as modellers could only model gen 2 pokemon with the exception of one or two evolutionary lines per person.
By Tsev92
#43874 All I ask is that a sense of balance is maintained.

Even though nintendo has not always succeeded at balance in pokemon, most of the gens were built on top of one another with an underlying focus on balancing of types/ect.

I love gen 2, but I love this mod more, so I can really be a stickler for sticking to gen2 next alone. HOWEVER I will politely ask the modelers that they at least consider types and what have you when choosing what to do next. When opening up to every gen, it would be very easy for the game to get flooded with one specific type and break the gameplay from a multiplayer perspective.
By karrybird
Tsev92 wrote:All I ask is that a sense of balance is maintained.

Even though nintendo has not always succeeded at balance in pokemon, most of the gens were built on top of one another with an underlying focus on balancing of types/ect.

I love gen 2, but I love this mod more, so I can really be a stickler for sticking to gen2 next alone. HOWEVER I will politely ask the modelers that they at least consider types and what have you when choosing what to do next. When opening up to every gen, it would be very easy for the game to get flooded with one specific type and break the gameplay from a multiplayer perspective.

oh trust me, i know what this mod needs and i plan to make the pokemon that i think will help people make more diverse teams.
i know this mod needs more usable flying and dark types. so after a few more starters, i will push my priorities towards these types the most. (planned are honchkrow, absol, staraptor, and braviary)
JOIN THE TEAM