Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

What Pokemon Generation is your favourite so far?

11%
N/A
22%
22%
N/A
N/A
11%
N/A
N/A
33%
By bvanseghi
#182312 What is your favourite Pokemon Generation? Comment what made it such a great generation to you!

By AuraWalker
#182405 heartgold/soulsilver is my pick. after all, the original gold was my first pokemon game ever making this a great nostalgia trip, it had the first appearance of my favorite pokemon element (dark), it's story line was great, and you finally get to prove once and for all, you're stronger then red. besides the post-game battle frontier is a great motivation to go back and keep training your pokemon for. it's probobly also the only pokemon game i've dumped 500+ hours into.
By bvanseghi
#182410 Excellent reasons to love HS and SS.

I personally have always taken a liking to Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum.

I first played Pearl out of the three, wanting to play more Pokemon after playing Ruby. Pearl was by far my favourite, and it is how I fell in love with the design and backstory of Palkia.

The whole topic of spacetime interests me deeply. It's such an "out there" concept, that's what really intrigues me.

Along with Generation 4 came Cynthia, probably my favourite Champion to fight. Cynthia was an amazing battle, having a well put together team and epic music to boot. I remember carrying Palkia through the halls of the Pokemon League.

The starters were great. Torterra being bulky and yet powerful, Infernape being a hard hitter and fast striker, and Empoleon being bulky, powerful, and having the unique typing of water/steel.

The enemy team, Team Galactic, was pretty awesome. Cyrus was a mysterious, quiet villain, and had an ominous atmosphere around him. His motive is very dark, wanting to erase the world only to reset it in his own image. A little cliche, but nonetheless, it immersed me in the quest to stopping him.

Gen 4 was where I was introduced to Garchomp, probably the most jaw dropping Pokemon I have ever seen, even to this day. Lucario also had the same effect on me.

When I played Platinum, and Giratina was introduced fully, I was set. A Ghost Dragon from a sort of purgatory (in which normal physics did not make sense), where it was banished to.

Post game, trying to complete the National Dex was the most fun I have ever had. No other Pokemon game will have quite the same impact on me, and I do hope that it is remastered.
By Jefferyk2
#213369 Gen 4. Platinum and HGSS were simply incredible. Gen 5 was also excellent, but it was essentially a re-exploration of Unova with new areas.

In my opinion, the majority of the cast in Generation 4, whether as characters or Pokemon, are simply fantastic. Best champion, one of my favourite 8th gym leaders, added many evolutions for Pokemon that needed them, and so on.
By BumbleBee
#213410 Gen 5 was also very good. I played the original BW when it first came out, but I didn't play B2W2 until recently! Apart from that, both sets of games from that generation were extremely good. I like the region, I like the Pokémon designs, and I like the game's aesthetic. I'll admit that I don't think the stories in these games are as good as everyone claims, but they were above average for Pokémon games. So kudos to gen5 for that as well.
By KillerSlovakia
bvanseghi wrote:What is your favourite Pokemon Generation? Comment what made it such a great generation to you!

ok me fav pokemon Generation 2 Johto
and games
Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal
and Pokemon Soul Sirver
JOIN THE TEAM