Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.
By HelenTheHero
#152808 So I should try setting up most of the team on Smogon (Except Mega Gengar and others that are banned in OU.) get them working how I like, and then replicate that for the game? So far I've chosen Azumarill, Ferrothorn, Lucario, and Noivern, are they all okay to use in OU? I still can't think of something for a Physic type, and I can practice the Perish Song strategy with a Pokemon that can learn Mean Look and Perish Song.

By Some Body
#152812 Since you want doubles, you can engage in either the Battle Spot doubles or Doubles OU metagames on Showdown, which both allow Mega Gengar.
By HelenTheHero
#152815 I've been doing Anything Goes, and I have 3 wins so far. :D Using Gengar, Noivern, Azumarill, Ferrothorn, and Alakazam.
By Some Body
#152822 I question your opponents' skill levels. Anything Goes allows all Pokémon, including all Legendaries, and cheap strategies like Moody and SwagPlay that would dominate a regular OU team.
By SPG
Some Body wrote:I question your opponents' skill levels. Anything Goes allows all Pokémon, including all Legendaries, and cheap strategies like Moody and SwagPlay that would dominate a regular OU team.

maybe he secretly has a bidoof instead of gengar and is just sweeping everyone with it
By HelenTheHero
#152865 Well, if I can find something to try in OU that does pretty much the same thing as Mega Gengar I will try that. But for now I think this is good practice.
By Some Body
#152868 Battle Spot Singles allows you to use Mega Gengar in single battle without Uber legendaries. Even if you want a full 6v6 battle, Ubers is still more tame than Anything Goes.
By HelenTheHero
#152874 I'm going to try that right now then! :-D I need to edit Gengar though, it needs an actual attacking move. I also can't seem to think of a good move set for Alakazam or whatever Physic type I will use. I might even try Gallade.
JOIN THE TEAM