Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.
User avatar
By Rzxa
#92766 Well my first post was made here so I was thinking
Gen 6 was much more fun than all the gens I don't know why but it's so fun
So my new favorite will be probably be
GEN 6!
User avatar
By enkilleridos
#92787 Gens 1 through 3 are my favorite. I started playing green (original japanese cart) it was cool then came the english version (blue and red) Yellow was my fave game of all time. Fire red my second favorite. Hence the generation 1 through 3 as Fire Red allowed that and having mudkip along side of squirtle is pretty awesome. Because I like mudkipz
User avatar
By ZGameing
#96385 Well my fav. is gen. 2 in my opinion it had the best starters like totodile and cyndiquil it was the generation Lugia was introduced in and was epic with its memories but I like gen. VI people might disagree but it has graninja (he is a ninja no more explaining needed) it added epic mega evo. like charizard X the mewtwo mega evo. and so on and had the X,Y,and Z legendries my fav. yet and also the storyline was not half bad
By GMD1
#96462 Personally, I don't really have a favourite gen. Every gen has their ups and downs for me. Also, reading through these posts, I've seen a lot of the same thing "OMG, ALL THE DESIGNS FROM X GEN SUCK! I PREFER ALL THE DESIGNS FROM X"

This is just what someone brought up a few months ago as a form of Racism. I can list 3 good designs from each generation and say why I like them (note: these aren't necessarily pokemon I like, I'm just going design wise)

Gen 1:
Charizard: You probably saw this coming, but who could hate a Fiery Pseudo Dragon?
Mewtwo: This is an example of where I like the design mainly because it fits it's purpose, with Mewtwo being a lab experiment to create the strongest pokemon.
Beedrill: Mainly because it's more creative then the obvious "Make a huge bee" that they could of done. Instead, they decided to be creative and add features on it to separate it from real-world bees.

Gen 2:
Feraligatr: Like Mewtwo, this guy fills it's design purpose by straight up being a huge alligator.
Scizor: Honestly couldn't of thought of anything better to evolve from the already awesome Scyther.
Houndoom: It fits it's "Hellhound" style nicely with it's design.

Gen 3:
Sceptile: Mainly because this thing looked like an actual forest/jungle protector like it's meant to be.
Salamence: Compliments Bagon's wish of "one day being able to fly" by having those huge wings and streamlined body.
Deoxys: Looking just like an Out of this world Pokemon like it was supposed to be.

Gen 4:
Infernape: Fitting the whole "Karate Ape" style well.
Garchomp: Just straight up looks like the sort of pokemon a Champion would use.
Darkrai: Mainly since it's design fits so well to it being "The Pitch Black Pokemon"

Gen 5:
Samurott: Mainly because it reminds me of a Sensei with Dewott being a fighter pokemon.
Hydreigon: Hydra. End of story. Also fits well with it devouring everything in it's path.
White Kyurem: Out of the 2 Kyurem fusion forms, this in my opinion resembled the original pokemon more.

Gen 6:
Chestnaut: From what started as my least favourite Gen 6 starter design, turned into one of my favourite starter designs of all time. It also looks like a chestnut... which it's based off of.
Mega Blastoise: This is one where I find the design funny in battle (Where it still fires attacks from it's mouth despite having 3 huge cannons on it's body)
Malamar: I just love the transition between this and Inkay (it's pre-evolution). It's literally a big, upside-down version of Inkay, fitting with it's evolution method and it's classification as "The Overturning Pokemon"

So.. err... yeah, what I'm trying to say is most designs may not please the eye, but deep down it fits its purpose well (even Bidoof, Muk and Vanillite can have a certain charm to them if you think this way)
By PVPUnited
#97290 Gen 3. Oh my God, it was so much fun. Hands down the best starters, best gameplay by far. It was actually challenging, and the new pokemon were absolutely stunning. Who cares if a pokemon is just a pokeball, or an ice cream cone? I grew bonds with these Pokemon. Pokemon made me grow bonds with an ice cream cone, and not many things excluding extra sprinkles are capable of doing that.
By lugiaisbeast101
#97928 All of them except for 5, I don't know why I just didn't like gen 5. The pokemon in gen 6 were meh tot me, but I liked the 3D addition to it. Really helpful for modeling 8-)
I also used many old pokemon in that gen, so it was pretty fun. Though, they should try to have some variation (what I thought), I swear I was literally at the point where I stopped continuing the story, opened a space in my team, then continued it because I knew I was going to encounter the legendary. Same pattern, go through the story, meet the bad guys, meet the leader of them that seems good, fight the legend, blow straight through the elite 4 and champion. You know...they could surprise us a bit, like when he pulled out that weapon, I thought the world would have been destroyed, or at least Kalos. Would have been a lot different traveling around and stuff. Don't get me started on the fairy concept >_>, anyways yeah I like most of them. Gen 5 wasn't really intriguing for me, I don't know (maybe I'm weird?).
By Waterboyr
#98046
lugiaisbeast101 wrote:All of them except for 5, I don't know why I just didn't like gen 5. The pokemon in gen 6 were meh tot me, but I liked the 3D addition to it. Really helpful for modeling 8-)
I also used many old pokemon in that gen, so it was pretty fun. Though, they should try to have some variation (what I thought), I swear I was literally at the point where I stopped continuing the story, opened a space in my team, then continued it because I knew I was going to encounter the legendary. Same pattern, go through the story, meet the bad guys, meet the leader of them that seems good, fight the legend, blow straight through the elite 4 and champion. You know...they could surprise us a bit, like when he pulled out that weapon, I thought the world would have been destroyed, or at least Kalos. Would have been a lot different traveling around and stuff. Don't get me started on the fairy concept >_>, anyways yeah I like most of them. Gen 5 wasn't really intriguing for me, I don't know (maybe I'm weird?).

Your not weird that is what I thought. Gen 5 was just not good to me either.
By karrybird
#98256 gen 5, in my opinion, had more amazing designs than bad ones. gen 6 is close as well on the creativity side. many people don't give gen 5 enough credit, and what because of the garbage and ice cream? i've never heard anyone bash any other pokemon besides those two. it's ridiculous. it had a strong plot, great region design, interesting side characters and antagonists, gym leaders that actually did something other than hiding away in their gyms waiting to get their asses kicked by the player. not to mention it actually has sequels rather than just something like emerald or crystal. even though it follows a similar pattern as the others, it did throw quite a few surprises at us, and actually took a few risks for a change. but of course, because people started whining about the games, i feel gamefreak may have taken a step back in some aspects with x and y.

to each their own i suppose. but i personally don't think anything can beat this gen at the moment. <3
i feel like i may have made this rant before, but eh.
User avatar
By SPG
#98285
karrybird wrote:gen 5, in my opinion, had more amazing designs than bad ones. gen 6 is close as well on the creativity side. many people don't give gen 5 enough credit, and what because of the garbage and ice cream? i've never heard anyone bash any other pokemon besides those two. it's ridiculous. it had a strong plot, great region design, interesting side characters and antagonists, gym leaders that actually did something other than hiding away in their gyms waiting to get their asses kicked by the player. not to mention it actually has sequels rather than just something like emerald or crystal. even though it follows a similar pattern as the others, it did throw quite a few surprises at us, and actually took a few risks for a change. but of course, because people started whining about the games, i feel gamefreak may have taken a step back in some aspects with x and y.

to each their own i suppose. but i personally don't think anything can beat this gen at the moment. <3
i feel like i may have made this rant before, but eh.

you have, still disagree with most of it and find it a pain to play through
By Waterboyr
#98314
SPG wrote:
karrybird wrote:gen 5, in my opinion, had more amazing designs than bad ones. gen 6 is close as well on the creativity side. many people don't give gen 5 enough credit, and what because of the garbage and ice cream? i've never heard anyone bash any other pokemon besides those two. it's ridiculous. it had a strong plot, great region design, interesting side characters and antagonists, gym leaders that actually did something other than hiding away in their gyms waiting to get their asses kicked by the player. not to mention it actually has sequels rather than just something like emerald or crystal. even though it follows a similar pattern as the others, it did throw quite a few surprises at us, and actually took a few risks for a change. but of course, because people started whining about the games, i feel gamefreak may have taken a step back in some aspects with x and y.

to each their own i suppose. but i personally don't think anything can beat this gen at the moment. <3
i feel like i may have made this rant before, but eh.

you have, still disagree with most of it and find it a pain to play through

Okay, but honestly, gen 5 felt non-pokemon to me.
First off, snivy is so much like treecko, oshawott is like piplup, but tepig is a good design I guess. It's not like the worst thing in the world, it's just, to me, not as good as the other gens. You see, since people argue about the garbage pokemon, people tell me muk and grimer are bad. But they are sewer pokemon, basically. It makes since. But pokemon that are literally made of garbage bags is unoriginal. And ice cream. And chandeliers and candles. And lots of the designs felt like a different Japanese monster thing. It was all different. So, yes it had some good things. And I know I didn't list very bad things, (But I haven't played White, like, forever) but it just wasn't good as the others.

But X and Y were to please the old fans, which worked for many, introduce the old pokemon to the newer fans, which will allow more remakes to be successful, introduce fairy which will make up for putting in the old pokemon, and putting in designs that to me seemed to fit into gens 3-5. This was smart because it won back many fans and possibly made them like the new gens because their old pokemon were in them so as long as they got to use them, they wouldn't complain about the new pokemon. It also introduced many new features. So Gen 5 seemed like a test to me, and they fixed it in Gen 6.
JOIN THE TEAM