Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

By cannonite
#73939 Tie between gen 1 and 4 for me
Gen 1: Started me in pokemon (Leafgreen but close enough) and has Venusaur which is my favorite starter of all time as well as a bunch of other awesome pokemon like Lapras, Dragonite, Electabuzz and Rhydon
Gen 4: Was the next game I got and has Electivire my favorite pokemon of all time plus weavile and magnezone but has the abomination known as Rhyperior
By Chison
#73989 It has to be gen 2, if only for the reason that for once you were able to get all available pokemon without any problems in one generation. Also the only game that let you go back to the old region AFTER beating the elite four just like in the movies you just advanced to the next region and gained another 8 badges.

There are bad design ideas in all of the gens, and I have favorites everywhere.

Story was gen 2 also the best, you had a lot of little side stories that made fun to investigate, like the unown and their puzzles, and the red gyarados was a really nice touch as shiny pokemon were first introduced in gen 2. Also breeding kept me going a long time and I made my first competitive team (IV breeding, move breeding, EV training, etc) which was so much fun to play with!

Later gens usually fell short because of one thing for me and that was free legendaries, there were just too many ! Like 10 new legendaries in one game and then they weren't even that powerful compared to Mewtwo and Mew or Ho-oh and Lugia from earlier generations. They just appeared as part of the story (which in gen 1 for example they didn't , they had their spots and you had to discover them) and after capturing them for the Pokedex I put them on the PC and never used them.

I don't mean they were boring, it's just that they weren't useless as most of them are banned anyways on a lot of tournaments.

But yeah, all in all, gen 2 is the best one because it has the most content for it's time.
By Nova Spartan
#73995 I's difficult for me to decide between 3 or 4. 3 had Mudkipz, and the other awesome starters, and a bunch of great Pokemon. Gen 4 also had great Pokemon, and alot of Evolutions from previous Generations which I liked. But if I really had to choose one, i'd say Generation 3.
ByGenericNameHere
Chison wrote:It has to be gen 2, if only for the reason that for once you were able to get all available pokemon without any problems in one generation. Also the only game that let you go back to the old region AFTER beating the elite four just like in the movies you just advanced to the next region and gained another 8 badges.

There are bad design ideas in all of the gens, and I have favorites everywhere.

Story was gen 2 also the best, you had a lot of little side stories that made fun to investigate, like the unown and their puzzles, and the red gyarados was a really nice touch as shiny pokemon were first introduced in gen 2. Also breeding kept me going a long time and I made my first competitive team (IV breeding, move breeding, EV training, etc) which was so much fun to play with!

Later gens usually fell short because of one thing for me and that was free legendaries, there were just too many ! Like 10 new legendaries in one game and then they weren't even that powerful compared to Mewtwo and Mew or Ho-oh and Lugia from earlier generations. They just appeared as part of the story (which in gen 1 for example they didn't , they had their spots and you had to discover them) and after capturing them for the Pokedex I put them on the PC and never used them.

I don't mean they were boring, it's just that they weren't useless as most of them are banned anyways on a lot of tournaments.

But yeah, all in all, gen 2 is the best one because it has the most content for it's time.

took the words out of my meowth
By Waterboyr
#75792 Honestly a gen 3 remake wouldn't be too cool. A gen 1 re-remake would actually be interesting where they could incorporate the first 1-3 or 1-4 gens. But just a gen 3 one wouldn't be too hot unless it was a remake of leafgreen and fired and emerald.
By SPG
Waterboyr wrote:Honestly a gen 3 remake wouldn't be too cool. A gen 1 re-remake would actually be interesting where they could incorporate the first 1-3 or 1-4 gens. But just a gen 3 one wouldn't be too hot unless it was a remake of leafgreen and fired and emerald.

............ they already remade gen 1 with gen 1-3 pokemon
JOIN THE TEAM