Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

By karrybird
#14576 gen 4 is my favorite, diamond was my first game and platinum is one of my favorites. plus this generation introduced awesome evolutions like rhyperior, porygon-z togekiss, leafeon, it has staraptor (one of my fave birds) and cranidos and rampardos. it was also the generation that brought heartgold and soul silver, as well as my favorite game of all time, pmd explorers of sky. need i go on? :3

also, gen 1 is my absolute least favorite for obvious reasons.
By ZeeCount
#14603 Second gen. First gen was very good, but it had some horrible balance issues (psychic was massively overpowered, to the point that you could win the game with just a Kadabra and one other Pokemon).

It was also the high point of the creativity of the Pokemon designs, which took a massive nose dive in gen 3 before plowing straight into the ground for gen 4.
By Jack_Attack12
Jumpyporcupine wrote:The first gen was my favorite. I guess it was because how original the ideas and the memories from it.

Original? There was a pidgy, rattata, raticate, a palmtree with eggs, a dragon, all bad pokemon designs.
My fave gen is a tie between 2 and 4. I love the pokemon buizel and gen 4 game kept me entertainer for ages. And i did not like G/S/C but the remakes were AMAZING. i just hope the remake of Crystal will by twice as good. And all pokemon on my sig is my fav, so you can see why i love they gens.
By karrybird
Jack_Attack12 wrote:
Jumpyporcupine wrote:The first gen was my favorite. I guess it was because how original the ideas and the memories from it.

Original? There was a pidgy, rattata, raticate, a palmtree with eggs, a dragon, all bad pokemon designs.
My fave gen is a tie between 2 and 4. I love the pokemon buizel and gen 4 game kept me entertainer for ages. And i did not like G/S/C but the remakes were AMAZING. i just hope the remake of Crystal will by twice as good. And all pokemon on my sig is my fav, so you can see why i love they gens.

haha my thoughts exactly! and don't forget the pokeball, more eggs, pile of slime, diglett and 3 digletts, not to mention the uninspiring starters. later gens were much much more creative design and concept wise and are generally more likable. (my opinion)

and, sorry to say, but a crystal remake might not happen any time soon, if anything we are getting an emerald remake sooner.
By MrMasochism
#14739 First gen starters with 2nd gen's extensions. From then on practically all the designs got boring. I know people think that 4 and 5 are creative but basically all they were doing then was trying to find the most weird looking, bizarrely based pokemon which made as little sense as they could. By the time they hit 5th gen I'd use a save hack to give me pokemon from earlier gens as the ones they were adding were just so boring. Gotta say that buizel was an incredible low point
By KuryoZT
#14837 Second generation should be voted as the epitom (dont know how to exactly write it, im on phone) of the pokemon franchise!! One argument to crush them all, 2!! It doesn't get any better.
Some might call me nostalgic, cos i played my childhood on these babies, grew up with "shitty designs", well I dont care, the story was jus so much better, 2nd gen wiiiinnnssss
By starscream1333
#14868 3rd gen is my favorite since i started getting into pokemon at that time and my first ever pokemon game was ruby
By SPG
ZeeCount wrote:Second gen. First gen was very good, but it had some horrible balance issues (psychic was massively overpowered, to the point that you could win the game with just a Kadabra and one other Pokemon).

It was also the high point of the creativity of the Pokemon designs, which took a massive nose dive in gen 3 before plowing straight into the ground for gen 4.

flygon and gen 2? man, this guy just reads my mind i swear
JOIN THE TEAM