Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.
By Vctr
#137283 Well, lately there have been rumours that Microsoft might buy Mojang, probably tomorrow for 2,5 billion dollars.

Im actually happy for this, since Microsoft is not like Google or Apple, companies that only care about money, money and money. Microsoft does care about money too, but not as much as their competitors does, and they do care a bit about the user experience.
So why am i happy?

first, because they might remove the STUPID RETARDED EULA, that all it did is discourage people from making servers.

Second, we might get better updates with things that people want, Lately in MC we only get useless updates with things that almost noone asked for, actually i even stop playing normal MC, because it got me bored,always the same, Pixelmon is fine, is a way to get out of the routine.

Third, as a lot of people think, they might start doing DLC's for the PC version. They know they cant do that in a pc version but yes in the others.

Im happy also because it seems like Mojang doesnt know what to do after they grow enough, They are currently launching Minecraft for xbox, playstation, play4, xbox one, and etc. But after they launched it for everything what would they do? just keep updating regularly with small things?
well, i prefer Microsoft doing that, since they have more experience and know how to deal with it.

And no, im not a microsoft Fanboy, im actually writing this from an Apple Mac Book. Im just asking for people's opinion and thoughs about what might happen (i could be wrong and the game could become s**t) but im happy that Mojang would be bought by Microsoft and not companies like google.

By shadoowner
#137284 you're the first I heared to be happy about this, chances are microsoft will not allow 'their' game to be modded wich is one of the main reasons most people dont want this.
But because one of the main reasons of minecraft being this popular is the posibilities with mods and plugins I give it a good chance of turning out just fine ;)

PS. Vctr check u PMs ;)
By floh22
#137285 How about no. The EULA was probably enforced because of this Rumor. Microsoft wouldn't want any legal Issues with their new Toy, so they probably tightend up a bit.

Also, both companies have been silent for too long for this to only be a rumor though, so i'm guessing there is some truth to this rumor, so i'm going to assume at has already happened. Call me crazy, or tell me i'm going full on worst case scenario here, but I honestly think this isn't too far off

That being said, Pixelmon most likely wouldn't last long if Microsoft got Minecraft. They have not shown themselves modding friendly, as you can see by ALL XBone games. Mod the game and get your XBone turns into an even bigger waste of recources (though it already was before), because you can't play online anymore.

Next, better updates? You must be joking right? Why would they put more work into something that from a financial standpoint has been working fine. We will get lackluster updates and no bugfixes, cause why would they? They don't need people to keep playing the game, once they buy the game, there is no money to be spent on Minecraft, unless Microsoft decides to mess shit up even more, and make us pay for online, etc.

I agree with you about the DLCs.... well, partially. They might release a few, but then move on to making Minecraft 2, with pretty much same everything except a "better" combat system. Wether more complex is better is for you to decide. This is where I think this situation gets really bad for modding i.e. Pixelmon.

From a users standpoint: Why buy DLC when mods can do everything DLCs do, but better?

From Microcraft's standpoint: (At a meeting)
Capitalist 1:People aren't buying DLCs because of the free competition, mods. Lets get rid of them so we can make money.
*Capitalist 2 at the other end of the meeting table stands up*
Capitalist 2: Even more simple. Let's ban mods and take their code and ideas, use it ourselves, and make people pay for it!

Mojang has been doing fine with the growth. They are expanding to other platforms while still updating the game. All the updates are free. I would rather not have Microsoft do that, since they will try to milk it as much as possible, with Minecraft 2, DLCs, Paid Online Service, and the list goes on. Microsoft are in it for the money. That's what it exists for, making investors and share holders money. They don't give a damn about consumers. Thinking anything else is so naive, I don't really know what to say.
By karrybird
#137286 i'm highly against this in fear that it will turn out just like Rare...
JOIN THE TEAM