Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

Which pokemon generation is the best?

7%
14%
38%
25%
4%
12%
By DutchKroket
#120877 Hey guys,

Here again is the always living discussion about which generation is the best generation ever. I know it is opinion based but I just want to see how a poll would work out!

You can post down here why you picked which generation!

Let's get this discussion going! =D

~Dutch

By AnDwHaT5
#120878 I picked generation 3. It had the best music (in my opinion (Remember best music doesn't mean as in the clarity it means how it is composed. If it was the other way around x an y would win by a landslide. There is no opinion.). It also had a great story line and pretty awesome villains. There were a few flaws
Spoiler:
but I think we can get over that now cant we. Most of the other pokemon were pretty cool. And in general the region looked pretty cool as well. Defiantly a long term favorite.
By DutchKroket
AnDwHaT5 wrote:I picked generation 3. It had the best music (in my opinion (Remember best music doesn't mean as in the clarity it means how it is composed. If it was the other way around x an y would win by a landslide. There is no opinion.). It also had a great story line and pretty awesome villains. There were a few flaws
Spoiler:
but I think we can get over that now cant we. Most of the other pokemon were pretty cool. And in general the region looked pretty cool as well. Defiantly a long term favorite.

I cannot agree with you more. The music was amazing. The abandoned ship one :shock: , I just love that one!
For the ones that agree with me:
Spoiler:

There was just one flaw for me and that is that I couldn't pick all 3 of the starters, I just love them all...
By Animalol
#120936 For myself, I had to go with Generation 4. While Pokemon Diamond wasn't my first Pokemon game, it was my first Pokemon game on the DS system. It was a magical experience for me, and I had played it multiple times over, just because I loved it so much. The storyline was fabulous, and I loved almost every Pokemon added into the game (the ones I dislike are probably pretty obvious, such as Probopass, Kricketune, Tangela, et cetera). I loved the music in it, and the legendaries were all fabulous; Darkrai, Arceus, Shaymin, and Dialga being my favorites. In fact, I've recently had a sudden urge to play Diamond. My old game seems to have gone missing quite a while ago, so I just ordered a new one yesterday. It's getting delivered tomorrow, so as you can guess, I'm pretty excited. =)
By MoeBoy76
#121017 now Gen 1 was the first generation that i ever played but the first game i owned was Crystal version and i still play it to this day and enjoy it (albeit a bit less), i enjoyed the aesthetic of the games and liked (almost) everything they did with the remakes, while the plot is not necessarily the best it has some great characters, it is the only game to include 3 regions (if you include the SinJoh Ruins), the music (whilst repetitive) is very enjoyable and my particular favourites are the 2 ending songs (though they kept them together when they recently released the HGSS soundtrack), they legendary event mechanics were also cool (though some people hate roaming) and my personal favourite is meeting suicune (i chased it round for hours at one point).
By 1Charak2
#121046 This is it Gen 5/6 for the win

why because those gens added some cool new features awesome pokemon. (i don't care what you say)

Pros:
Triple battles (because when you want to use shuckle thats where you go)
Victini,kyruem,yveltal,mega evolution
Compelling story (gen 5 for this one gen 6 was 2 plain for my taste)
revisiting of the first gen (with the abilty to take a 2nd starter in x and y)
Connecting the world (with entrelink and pss respectively)
Interesting characters (it was fun to play)

middle
Rotation battles (you love em or hate em)
poke amie (i would rather see them fight...)

cons
lysandre committed suicide (spoiler)
Fairy (they could of called it light....)
Mega kangaskan (you missed up the metagame)
By GhostXavier
#121257 While I have fond memories with every Pokemon Generation since playing Red when it first came out, I'm lopping my vote in with X/Y. Gen VI introduced a, quite literally, entirely new look for Pokemon. The overworld sprites were completely changed, the camera panning and effects from B&W were kept, you could actually customize your trainer look a bit, and the results made just wandering around in game feel that much more lively. Not to mention there were also those really nice & helpful EV training and friendship mini games that made them a little less of a grind. While the Pokemon themselves weren't too remarkable, they finally gave a steel/ghost typing which were my favorites. So GenVI gets my vote, just pushing past 1st Gen which hooked me and 2nd Gen which cemented my loyalty.
By corpesmen18
#121414 I vote for gen 4 because i didn't get much of a chance to play crystal or any gen 2 game but i had a great time playing the gen 1 games so i got a DS and bought platinum and i was amazed to find i got better the pokemon were great and though my favorite pokemon is absol most of my other favorites are in gen 4 but what mostly makes me love gen 4 is the movie "The Rise of Darkrai" which ultimately made darkrai my favorite legendary forever.
JOIN THE TEAM