Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.
By lugiaisbeast101
#114341 What is your absolute favorite pair of headphones? They could be Bluetooth headphones to the Earforce XLC's (XD), it's your opinion. My favorite headphones would be the ATH M50x's, I absolutely love them! They are wonderful for mixing/mastering tracks, and I also find them useful for casual use. The only reason why I paid the extra money for the M50x's and didn't go with the M50's would be that the M50x's have removable wires. This means that if the wire messes up (which often happens) I can buy another wire instead of paying lots of money for repairs.

By SPG
#114343 i use turtle beach x12 because most of my audio comes out of my surroundsound, the x12 is only for hearing people on skype/teamspeak, and i use a blue yeti as my mic cuz... the x12's mic is horrible
By lugiaisbeast101
SPG wrote:i use turtle beach x12 because most of my audio comes out of my surroundsound, the x12 is only for hearing people on skype/teamspeak, and i use a blue yeti as my mic cuz... the x12's mic is horrible

I have both but I used a 10 dollar headset for listening before, I wish I knew you could do that with the 12's :/
By Atuw
#114360 As an avid audiophile and music producer, I have many different headphones lol. The main ones I use for mixing/mastering tracks (when I'm not using studio monitors) are Sennheiser HD 650s. The sound quality is phenomenal, but they don't look the fanciest ever and they aren't as comfortable as some.

For mobility and traveling I use Shure SE 215s. They have some of the best sound quality you can get from in-ear headphones, plus they have a detachable cord so if the cord breaks its cheap to fix.

I recently got some Sol Republic Master Tracks. Which are really nice for casual listening and wearing in public, since they look cool.

Lastly, for gaming I use Turtle Beach Ear Force X12s. They work really well for gaming and enhance the immersion of almost all games, plus you can balance chat and game volume which helps a lot if you want to fine tune the experience.

So yeah, theres my whole spiel on headphones. Also, I'm considering getting some Grados soon, so if someone has used them and can tell me how the sound quality is, that would be awesome.
By lugiaisbeast101
Spoiler:
Atuw wrote:As an avid audiophile and music producer, I have many different headphones lol. The main ones I use for mixing/mastering tracks (when I'm not using studio monitors) are Sennheiser HD 650s. The sound quality is phenomenal, but they don't look the fanciest ever and they aren't as comfortable as some.

For mobility and traveling I use Sure SE 215s. They have some of the best sound quality you can get from in-ear headphones, plus they have a detachable cord so if the cord breaks its cheap to fix.

I recently got some Sol Republic Master Tracks. Which are really nice for casual listening and wearing in public, since they look cool.

Lastly, for gaming I use Turtle Beach Ear Force X12s. They work really well for gaming and enhance the immersion of almost all games, plus you can balance chat and game volume which helps a lot if you want to fine tune the experience.

So yeah, theres my whole spiel on headphones. Also, I'm considering getting some Grados soon, so if someone has used them and can tell me how the sound quality is, that would be awesome.

I couldn't tell you about the Grados as I haven't ventured to the open back cans. I was going to go after some Sennheisers as they make phenomenal headphones...but there was a problem with that...I work around many people so the sound would leak out, although that makes for a better listening experience, it bothers many, so I just went with the M50's. I also second you on those Shure's, I haven't found any other in-ear headphones with higher quality than those. It kind of angers me that people would spend more for a brand name (Beats) than buy the Shure's in that situation, I see many who do that. Also, if they wanted more powerful bass, than there are many other cheaper solutions to that.
By Atuw
lugiaisbeast101 wrote:
I couldn't tell you about the Grados as I haven't ventured to the open back cans. I was going to go after some Sennheisers as they make phenomenal headphones...but there was a problem with that...I work around many people so the sound would leak out, although that makes for a better listening experience, it bothers many, so I just went with the M50's. I also second you on those Shure's, I haven't found any other in-ear headphones with higher quality than those. It kind of angers me that people would spend more for a brand name (Beats) than buy the Shure's in that situation, I see many who do that. Also, if they wanted more powerful bass, than there are many other cheaper solutions to that.

Yeah, Sennheiser and Shure are definitely the best (large) companies out there quality wise. I've heard from a lot of people that Audio Technica make really good headphones as well. It seems like all the good headphones tend to be made for djs/producers lol. And I completely agree with you on the beats. They are ridiculously overpriced and the sound quality is mediocre at best. They just have so much bass that it muddys up the high end and just give it an awful sound in my opinion.
By Burgy
#114419 I buy the 1 wth m0st b455 bcuz drop.
swag che che brao brap. beats 4 lyfe eeyyyy

fix all adio ; ten bass eq up max and treble down cuz fk treble live bass. ya feel
#42069BumToucher
#SwagOnYourAss
#WhiteKidSwag
#rekt
By lugiaisbeast101
Burgy wrote:I buy the 1 wth m0st b455 bcuz drop.
swag che che brao brap. beats 4 lyfe eeyyyy

fix all adio ; ten bass eq up max and treble down cuz fk treble live bass. ya feel
#42069BumToucher
#SwagOnYourAss
#WhiteKidSwag
#rekt

I have no problem with you buying the beats for a fashion accessory, but I'm telling you now there are far better headsets with much more bass and better sound quality that's also conveniently cheaper than them. However, it's your choice on how you like to spend your money. As you have heard by Atuw they make the other sounds of the track rather muddy (same applies to the bass itself), while the Pros don't do so as much, it still is noticeable. You could always get an amp for your bass needs (Download on the app store, download on pc, etc). I could suggest to you some bass heavy cans, but it looks as if you'd rather stay with your Beats.
JOIN THE TEAM