Forum rules: This forum is for writing guides only. Do not post topics here to ask questions; post these questions in General Discussion or the Support Tracker.

Do not post bugs here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker
By igzoz
#84410 [center]Effort Values[/center]

Effort Values (EV's), EV's are basically a hidden value which is the only way that you can change a certain pokemons base stat!
Each pokemon can get up to 510 EV's, and each stat can get up to 255 EV's.

[center]How To Obtain EV's[/center]

Whenever you faint an enemy/wild pokemon you gain EV's. Each pokemon gives a certain type of EV and a certain amount (List Below). Power items also give you EV's (explained below)

[center]What Do EV's Do[/center]

EV's allow you to change pokemons base stats therefore making a pokemon have higher stats. This is what makes the game fun, building your pokemon, making him a Physical/Special sweeper, Bulky sweeper, Tank, Defensive Wall etc.

For every 4 EV's gained on a certain stat, increases that stats base by 1 (Which makes a major difference when playing competitively)
At level 100 if you fully EV a stat, that increases that stat by 63.

[center]The 252 Rule (ADVANCED)[/center]

As I said before a stat can get a maximum of 255 EV's, and as I said you gain 1 base stat per 4 EV's

255/4=63.75

So you gain 63 base stats from 255 EV's at level 100. But wait a second, what happened to that 0.75? unfortunately it doesn't round up so you basically wasted 3 EV's that you could've used on another stat. If you use the 252 rule on 2 stats, you will have 6 EV's left over which you can use on another stat and gain its base by 1. Wait, how do we count EV's?

[center]Counting EV's (ADVANCED)[/center]

As I said before each pokemon gives a certain amount of EV's (1-3). Yes, you have to count manually. (List of pokemon EV's below)

[center]Speeding Up The Process (ADVANCED)[/center]

In pixelmon you can speed up EV training by using power items.

Power Weight - +4 HP EVs after each battle, regardless of the Pokémon fought, but cuts Speed in half + The pokemon you fainted EV's
Power Bracer - +4 Attack EVs after each battle, regardless of the Pokémon fought, but cuts Speed in half + The pokemon you fainted EV's
Power Belt - +4 Defense EVs after each battle, regardless of the Pokémon fought, but cuts Speed in half + The pokemon you fainted EV's
Power Lens - +4 SP. Atk EVs after each battle, regardless of the Pokémon fought, but cuts Speed in half + The pokemon you fainted EV's
Power Band - +4 SP. Def EVs after each battle, regardless of the Pokémon fought, but cuts Speed in half + The pokemon you fainted EV's
Power Anklet - +4 Speed EVs after each battle, regardless of the Pokémon fought, but cuts Speed in half + The pokemon you fainted EV's
Macho Brace - Doubles the amount of EV's gained

For Example: You are fighting a magikarp (which gives 1 speed EV) while you are holding a Power Bracer = You would gain 1 Speed EV from the magikarp + The 4 Attack EV's from the Power Bracer.

You can speed up EV'ing a team by other means, using an EXP Share. When a pokemon gains experience from an EXP Share, the pokemon gains EV's as well.

For Example: You are fighting a magikarp (which gives 1 speed EV) and you have 2 pokemons, P1 and P2. P2 has an EXP Share. You initiate the fight with P1 and defeat the magikarp, therefore both P1 and P2 gained experience and both gained 1 speed EV (each).

[center]Pokemon EV List[/center]

HP | Show
http://serebii.net/pokedex-dp/hp.shtml

Attack | Show
http://serebii.net/pokedex-dp/attack.shtml

Defense | Show
http://serebii.net/pokedex-dp/defense.shtml

SP. Attack | Show
http://serebii.net/pokedex-dp/sattack.shtml

SP. Defense | Show
http://serebii.net/pokedex-dp/sdefense.shtml

Speed | Show
http://serebii.net/pokedex-dp/speed.shtml

If I missed anything please let me know!
IV guide coming soon!

By igzoz
boomdoom2017 wrote:Thanks man awesome guide

You're welcome, I'm glad you liked it!
By Akerious
#89121 I'm a little late on this too, but I really like your guide. :D Truly helpful.
I think next time there are questions about it.. I'll link here. Thanks for the help, amazing guide. <3
By Dracoman355
#92262 Yes, all shall fear the amazing level 100 metapod that only knows harden with maxed out defense and special defense, and slightly higher HP :3 MWAHAHAHA
By Datmusic
#92286 Or the Magikarp only with the move splash :)
By Dracoman355
Datmusic wrote:Or the Magikarp only with the move splash :)

Nu, Too OPeh
By igzoz
Datmusic wrote:Or the Magikarp only with the move splash :)

You can't get a magikarp with only "splash"
magikarp learns tackle on lvl15

and thanks for all the love people :)
By hexer123
#96739 Um i figure i should metion this but also you forgot to add that if you have an exp share on a pokemon they also get the points from the killed pokemon for example if you have a gengar in front and an exp share on a zubat if you kill a magikarp the gengar will get 1 point in speed and so will the zubat so you should probally add that into the guide to help players who are getting into EV training (and i do know that this is a thing because I EV train all my special pixelmon on the server I play on and the Exp Share has helped me immensely) But other than that the post I is really good and explains pretty much everything you need to know good job :D
By igzoz
hexer123 wrote:Um i figure i should metion this but also you forgot to add that if you have an exp share on a pokemon they also get the points from the killed pokemon for example if you have a gengar in front and an exp share on a zubat if you kill a magikarp the gengar will get 1 point in speed and so will the zubat so you should probally add that into the guide to help players who are getting into EV training (and i do know that this is a thing because I EV train all my special pixelmon on the server I play on and the Exp Share has helped me immensely) But other than that the post I is really good and explains pretty much everything you need to know good job :D

Thank you, I forgot to add the exp share process, I just added it.
JOIN THE TEAM