Forum rules: This forum is for writing guides only. Do not post topics here to ask questions; post these questions in General Discussion or the Support Tracker.

Do not post bugs here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker
By SlounsBerry
#117432 Hi all,

I've seen a little talk of this around, but wasn't able to find a video (which may be due to my bad searching skills...) so I decided to make a quick one. Until an update comes out that allows us to more easily add skins to the custom trainers which were added in Pixelmon 3.0, I found this little workaround. I think it's pretty simple, and hopefully the short video below will explain everything you need to know!

(Note, this method doesn't work for servers unfortunately since this will only change the skins on your personal Minecraft/Pixelmon files.) That said, it's perfect for single player worlds or personal adventure map type things! Let me know if you have any questions, or any feedback! Hope you enjoy!

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjfUJ2ZgGyw[/youtube]

If you're interested, I also have an Adventure series running on my channel that uses these custom trainers for Gym Leaders, etc. So check it out!
Thanks!

By AnDwHaT5
#117619 orrrrrrr get your favorite resource pack and build a path to the skin, eg for my modification the main directory would have minecraft for the start patch to minecraft. Where it shows minecraft make a folder called pixelmon. For my example I will use pixelutilities. the path to replace a block would be pixelutilties\textures\blocks\pokesand.png.
By SlounsBerry
AnDwHaT5 wrote:orrrrrrr get your favorite resource pack and build a path to the skin, eg for my modification the main directory would have minecraft for the start patch to minecraft. Where it shows minecraft make a folder called pixelmon. For my example I will use pixelutilities. the path to replace a block would be pixelutilties\textures\blocks\pokesand.png.

I think we're talking about two different things. Sounds like you're talking about resource packs and replacing the images for specific blocks. I'm talking about replacing the skins you can select when you make a custom trainer and give it the Steve model. Like if you look at the thumbnail on my video you can see me looking at the camera and a custom trainer standing next to me who has the same skin as me... Does that make sense? Or maybe I'm misunderstanding you?
By MoeBoy76
SlounsBerry wrote:
AnDwHaT5 wrote:orrrrrrr get your favorite resource pack and build a path to the skin, eg for my modification the main directory would have minecraft for the start patch to minecraft. Where it shows minecraft make a folder called pixelmon. For my example I will use pixelutilities. the path to replace a block would be pixelutilties\textures\blocks\pokesand.png.

I think we're talking about two different things. Sounds like you're talking about resource packs and replacing the images for specific blocks. I'm talking about replacing the skins you can select when you make a custom trainer and give it the Steve model. Like if you look at the thumbnail on my video you can see me looking at the camera and a custom trainer standing next to me who has the same skin as me... Does that make sense? Or maybe I'm misunderstanding you?

you are misunderstanding, you can make a resource pack that overrides the skins provided by pixelmon as long as they override the names as you have done
By SlounsBerry
MoeBoy76 wrote:you are misunderstanding, you can make a resource pack that overrides the skins provided by pixelmon as long as they override the names as you have done

Ok thanks MoeBoy, I think when he said blocks I just assumed he was talking about blocks. I've never done much with resource packs (aside from just using them), but I have to imagine it would be easier to do it the way I suggest then to make a resource pack just for this purpose, especially if you're already using a resource pack...?
By AZTERIX_
#118469 This is really helpful and good xD Pixelmon should add more skins, I went lol when I first saw the 3.0 skins(Sean Connery:)
JOIN THE TEAM