Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By Tom_X
#87339 Oh my! I'm deeply embarrased that I didn't notice your rank! I might as well apologize and go mind my own busines....

By leela286
#87460 i'm merely stating my opinion. if a pokemon would appear in real life, yes it would be strange. But i would expect it to look similar to other mundane creatures, with regard to texture. in live action films, particularly older things, the monsters dont look as convincing as opposed to if they were animated. if they were to do a live action pokemon movie, they would need to tweak the pokemon to make them look realistic. In that same way they should make the pokemon blend in to minecraft. and since mincraft is squarish, the pokemon should be squarish.
By AnDwHaT5
leela286 wrote:if a pokemon would appear in real life

Case closed
By Tom_X
#87513 If I had the ability modellers have to do the amazing models they come up with, then I surely wouldn't restrict myself to doing square models just for them to blend-in to the Minecraft atmosphere. And, if you take a look at most popular mods, the "all square" concept has been thrown out by many mods, and I personally think the Pokemon just look 100 times better when rounder. Still, I repeat, it's the modeller's decision wether to make square or round modellers, so unless Mr.M flashes all of us with his wisdom on this matter, I believe it's best if we stop this discussion right now, as it won't take any of us anywhere.
By purenrgiii
DeamonWolf wrote:I thought the point of MC was to do what you wanted to do? O.o
this. now lets all go back to placing our 16bit digital cubes in an attempt to make round shapes, and occasionally throwing balls at colorful pixelated super powered furry and not so furry animals. may the force be with you. :lol:
By mahrage
#88232 I can understand both sides. One being, it's minecraft. Circles don't exist in minecraft, and don't you ever mention them lol. The other being, every 3d pokemon ever generated was obviously, round and made to look natural. Preferrably, i'd prefer rounder models just for the "eye candy" factor, but that's just me.

Off topic: Realistic pokemon!
http://arvalis.deviantart.com/gallery/39915677
^not my work, just something interesting my girlfriend showed me
JOIN THE TEAM