Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By lakeyja900
#7991 I still say that the trading method is fine. I'm sorry if you can't access gengar, but you have to go multiplayer. BTW, how is it you CAN'T go to a server if you clearly have internet access for the minecraft download? We really don't need to argue about this, if you want him that bad, spawn him.

By SPG
lakeyja900 wrote:I still say that the trading method is fine. I'm sorry if you can't access gengar, but you have to go multiplayer. BTW, how is it you CAN'T go to a server if you clearly have internet access for the minecraft download? We really don't need to argue about this, if you want him that bad, spawn him.

not everyone knows how to port foward, and not everyone wants to get hamachi
By TLesniak
Leqesai wrote:
lakeyja900 wrote:I'm fine with trading for gengar, if you want it so much, get a friend to visit, get him on a LAN server, trade pokemon, trade back, and then you'll have a gengar on a single player server.

But what would someone do if they were unable to play multiplayer?

Don't get me wrong. I respect wanting to maintain the continuity and integrity of the original games but if we're already making concessions to the minecraft platform (all pokemon are available to everyone instead of the red/blue specific pokemon that you had to trade for in the original games) it would be nice to see the forced trade mechanic reworked into something that could feasibly open up the game for more exploration to those who do not (or cannot) play multiplayer.

Heck, the item or method to evolve these pets doesn't have to be easy. They don't have to have simple level-up evolutions (What if there were a "Trade Stone" that was either a super rare drop off boss mobs or crafted with super rare materials (say... a Nether Star...)). Furthermore these pets could still be evolved via trade so those with access to multiplayer would be able to evolve them much more easily than those forced to do so via rare single player drops.

Shh, they may start with blue/red specific pokemon of you're not careful.
JOIN THE TEAM