Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By Tululaboo
#76436 I am still investigating and what i had forgot is that there are two jungle leaf blocks which may or may not affect the spawning, the first is the regular jungle leaves which spawn naturally which also decay and then you have the perma leaf blocks which is dropped when breaking leaves with sheers so with this in mind i am going to do more testing with both types and see what the spawn ratio's are like :)

By nyv
#76617 Any update on this?

Very keep to hear of your findings Tululaboo..

I've got to agree with the other users here though; almost certain jungle spawns require some sort of leaves to be present. I've burned down a section of my jungle and have not seen a single pokemon spawn there since doing it (and I did it months ago). I have been through this jungle MANY times and have been through so many times I have encountered two Mews in the one jungle (many, many hours of walking and hopping around trees), but not once have I encountered a single jungle pokemon in the area I burned down.

Anyway, somebody had to code in the jungle spawn requirements for the mod so it would be much easier if they just told us the parameters they set...

(P.S. anyone looking for Mew, DO NOT burn the jungle haha)
By Kmerr
nyv wrote:Any update on this?

Very keep to hear of your findings Tululaboo..

I've got to agree with the other users here though; almost certain jungle spawns require some sort of leaves to be present. I've burned down a section of my jungle and have not seen a single pokemon spawn there since doing it (and I did it months ago). I have been through this jungle MANY times and have been through so many times I have encountered two Mews in the one jungle (many, many hours of walking and hopping around trees), but not once have I encountered a single jungle pokemon in the area I burned down.

Anyway, somebody had to code in the jungle spawn requirements for the mod so it would be much easier if they just told us the parameters they set...

(P.S. anyone looking for Mew, DO NOT burn the jungle haha)

Or you could somehow break into the database and risk the safety of your computer.
By Tululaboo
#76631 Ok so about an hour and half of my new testing and i can categorically state that my theory of naturally generated leaves do in fact play a vital role in poke spawns, after i replaced the permanent jungle leaves with natural leaves i had more pokes spawning than i knew what to do with. Hence why if you clear, burn or replace a section of jungle the only pokes that you will see there are ones that have wondered in.

Naturally generated leaves cannot be obtained without cheating, there are 3 types of jungle leaves in vanilla Minecraft.
jungle leaves (natural gen) <=== if placed by player these do not decay unless disturbed ie block update <=== it is these that pokes use to spawn (ID 18:3)
jungle leaves (decaying) <=== these occur after all wood has been removed (ID 18:11)
jungle leaves (permanent) <=== it is these that you get when using sheers (ID 18:7)

In game command ::

/give *player* 18 *amount* either 3/11/7
example for natural leaves
/give tululaboo 18 64 3

However this alone is not enough, simply giving yourself these leaves when placed, the leaf block will change to permanent, the only way to counter this is by using an external editor such as MCedit

If you want my advice, dont clear an area to try and force spawn more pokemon, my advice is to just cut a pathway to follow around the jungle in search for pokemon and always replant/grow what you cut down :)

Picture time ::
Ina small patch on 1 out of 25 cleared chunks has spawned in 4 bellsprouts with my new test area
By nyv
#76654 Great work mate!

So that solves the great mystery on how Jungle spawns work, and more importantly to some, how to most effectively hunt for Mew!

This question went unanswered for so long with many, many people believing a misconceived idea on how the spawns work (including Pixelmon moderators and major youtubers) which can now be rectified with the work you put in :)
JOIN THE TEAM