Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By Hedgenfox
#74667 I have a big question for the owners of Pixelmoon and pokeloot. Do you guys mind if these mods get distributed in a mod pack. As of this time only my friend and I are using this mod, but I want to at some point do a full public release of the Pixeledcraters mod pack. In fact I'm poking at launcher creation right now. As in I'm slowly creating one(This is giving me a hand with getting java under my belt too.) In the future I'm planning to have a server, launcher that downloads the modpack and a few other things up. So again do you guys mind?

By MrMasochism
#74669 As trigore said, rather abruptly, Pixelmon is only allowed to be distributed through this website. We have a wide range of reasons for wanting it to be this way and we ask that people respect them. As he also said; it is in the terms of service that people agreed to when making an account on this site
By Trigore
Hedgenfox wrote:Oh why aren't you letting this great mod get distributed?

I would go on about how it helps us(when its not distributed)but more importantly why would we let it get distributed? If people want the mod have them use our official links to support the mod. Sorry for being short I am on phone and its hard to type long messages.
By Hedgenfox
#74677 No I understand people being busy and all. But the reason you would want to allow it is because people would love to install this as part of a mod pack. My current pack(none public at this time of course) is full of 30 mods. Getting all these mods together took a lot of time to put together, and making people have to do the same steps will act as a major turn off. Why not just ask people to put a link to your mod page in say a website or documentation. Heck when I have the launcher complete I was going to have a thank you and mods tab chalk full of links to every mod used as a thanks for the hard work. Of course I understand no means no and I wont distribute this mod as requested. But I must say it's a shame this mod will go to waste because people will have to manually add the mod in. Another thing that I would suggest is putting your mod policy into the faq's section of the site. Also wasn't there a technic pack mod with pixelmod installed?
By MrMasochism
#74684 There was an official one but it's looking like we won't bother updating it as technic didn't honour their end of the deal. I should also add that if you set up your launcher so that it took an extension and added it to the setup then we'd happily host the pixelmon files here for people to download. Ie. a pixelmon.modpack file that when double clicked would add it to your launcher.
By Hedgenfox
#74824 Ah so the fact the files are hosted somewhere else is the major problem. That makes a ton of sense now. As for the launcher. It's going to take time for me to make it. I'm not exactly a high level programmer but I do like MrMasochism's idea of having a one click install modpack components. This would give the user choices for what they want installed. Maybe even using ads or something to help support the modder's efforts to keep a great mod going. Of course this is all here-say until I can learn to make the luancher more then a generic blob that launches the minecraft launcher.
By Trigore
Hedgenfox wrote:Ah so the fact the files are hosted somewhere else is the major problem. That makes a ton of sense now. As for the launcher. It's going to take time for me to make it. I'm not exactly a high level programmer but I do like MrMasochism's idea of having a one click install modpack components. This would give the user choices for what they want installed. Maybe even using ads or something to help support the modder's efforts to keep a great mod going. Of course this is all here-say until I can learn to make the luancher more then a generic blob that launches the minecraft launcher.

Well if you embed our ad fly into the launcher you might have a chance(don't call me out on this)
JOIN THE TEAM