Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By ErusPrime
#71817 There are an inordinate amount of pokemon with the default configs. I have two questions regarding this issue.

1) What are the spawn mechanics for pokemon?
2) Would someone provide some info on editing the config to have more realistic spawns? If I look out over the landscape, I'd like to see a few but I don't want to see the Dragon Con of Pokemon out on the plains somewhere.

By Trigore
#71818 You can't make it more realistic unless you edit the code configs don't have this option. As for the spawn mechanics its mostly randomized expect legendary's such as the birds https://github.com/MrMasochism/Pixelmon ... n/spawning here you can examine yourself. Also you can change the actual rate but it wont be more realistic its under general in configs.
By ErusPrime
#71820 By realistic I mean not having a landscape with a pokemon rug. However whenever I make changes to those settings, it's either way too much or way too little. I'm having trouble finding a balance and it feels like I've changed the settings to every possible configuration. I thought I might ask to see if someone had any information on how these numbers effect the spawn rate and how I could get a nice feel to the amount of pokemon in the game.
JOIN THE TEAM