Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
User avatar
By SPG
#5348
Xiro wrote:Both wikis need general updating. :s

no, one needs to be closed, the new one is being worked on
By Xiro
#5353
SPG wrote:
Xiro wrote:Both wikis need general updating. :s

no, one needs to be closed, the new one is being worked on


The Wikia was actually run by your staff at one point then?
User avatar
By MrMasochism
#5357 A wiki is designed so that everyone can add to it. No staff runs a wiki except for setting it up. If you want a wiki to be better then make it better
By Xiro
#5384
MrMasochism wrote:A wiki is designed so that everyone can add to it. No staff runs a wiki except for setting it up. If you want a wiki to be better then make it better

I think I meant "endorsed" rather than "ran by".

However I must ask, what limitations are there to editing your(as in the one on this site) wiki? Things like, adding new pages, adding recipes, descriptions and things like that.

I also assume you want us to follow the template that Bulbasaur uses, correct? Am I allowed to add entries for unreleased pokemon (on a new page)?

Are there any pages that we're not allowed to edit or touch at all?

Lastly, who would I talk to if I had an issue with the wiki that I couldn't solve on my own? Like if another user was editing it with false information or messing everything up.

I'd like to have at least some value in the community and like I said before I have an interest in working on it.
By Beowulf
#5419 Maybe add permissions for users who have joined pixelmon? instead of some1 logging in or editing as guest and screwing it all up. As the mod gets bigger and better things WILL have to get more secure, and eventually only a good 10-20 people will be allowed to edit the wiki. In my idea anyways. And yes stick to templates for adding things (the same ones I am assuming). If everyone had their own ideas in their heads the wiki would look like junk and dis-organized.
By Xiro
#5450
Beowulf wrote:Maybe add permissions for users who have joined pixelmon? instead of some1 logging in or editing as guest and screwing it all up. As the mod gets bigger and better things WILL have to get more secure, and eventually only a good 10-20 people will be allowed to edit the wiki. In my idea anyways. And yes stick to templates for adding things (the same ones I am assuming). If everyone had their own ideas in their heads the wiki would look like junk and dis-organized.

I need all my questions answered before I start though. I agree with what you're saying, although adding users to the whitelist would have to be done manually, unless you can link forum activity to the wiki account. Or just make a single account for all parts of the site.
User avatar
By MrMasochism
#5452 Currently there are no limitations except for a couple of pages that have been locked down to prevent sabotage. As we go we'll lock it down more and more and increase the number of people who have access to edit.

The templates are a new thing and a work in progress

If you had an issue I'd probably be the best to talk to
JOIN THE TEAM