Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By sabertoothtigerz
#59991 Hey guys im new here and the sole reason i made this account is to create this topic.
I really need some help finding fire stone shards..
i play in the latest version of pixelmon but from what i heard fire stone shards are found deep in lava pools on the normal world, and also below lava oceans in the nether...if this is true can someone please verify it for me please?
Another question i have is if there's any other way as in "easier" but not exactly cheating to get those fire stone shards?
I really hate to cheat but fire stone shards are really pushing me off the edge here.
Same for thunderstone shards but fire one's are harder for me to get by..i have not seen a single one after digging endessly through the netherrack in creative mode..so please any help would be much appreciated..

By MissingNoL
#60004 In the latest update, they're not found deep in lava pools in the normal world. They actually spawn on the rooves now, so you don't have to clear away all the lava just to get to them. I'm not too sure about the nether though.
You're right, however, in that it's very hard to come by fire shards. Fortunately, everytime you find them there's usually like four to seven in a lava pool. Also, they're all exposed, ie not hidden in the rocks, so this makes it even easier.
Thunderstone shards are easier to come by, but usually only come in clusters of like two to four. They're not always exposed, so you may have to dig up the whole mountainside. All in all, just keep searching, man.
By MissingNoL
#60009 Just find a lava pool and then look at the roof for a bit. Since you don't have to mine anything, you can just check and then leave. I don't know how compatible x-ray mods are with this mod, but if you're using a texture pack, it'll have to be tailored just for Pixelmon because they won't have textures for the ores, etc.
A mod that I know is compatible is made by Ellian. It's similar to x-ray, but you'll have to try it and see for yourself.
By MissingNoL
darkblade127218 wrote:what evolve from firestone anyways vulpix, eevee, and what else I am not a fan of fire types
Try not to double post, bruh. I can't understand your grammar, so I'm just assuming that's a question... A wise man searches for his answer, while a weak man asks.
By Firespar
MissingNoL wrote:
darkblade127218 wrote:what evolve from firestone anyways vulpix, eevee, and what else I am not a fan of fire types
Try not to double post, bruh. I can't understand your grammar, so I'm just assuming that's a question... A wise man searches for his answer, while a weak man asks.

A truly wise man shares his experiences, while a fool keeps them to himself. Without those aforementioned wise men, where would you get the knowledge you seek in the first place?

Wow, that was deep, I need to go do more drugs.

Vulpix, Growlithe, Eevee, and Pansear are the only Pokemon to evolve via Fire Stone. Of those, Vulpix, Growlithe, and Eevee are currently in the mod. Flareon is a very useless Pokemon due to awkward stats and complete lack of decent STAB attacks, Ninetales is pretty outclassed without his Drought, but Arcanine is a very respectable Pokemon. Of course, just evolve whatever you'd like. ;)
By MissingNoL
Spoiler:
Firespar wrote:
MissingNoL wrote:

A truly wise man shares his experiences, while a fool keeps them to himself. Without those aforementioned wise men, where would you get the knowledge you seek in the first place?

Wow, that was deep, I need to go do more drugs.

Vulpix, Growlithe, Eevee, and Pansear are the only Pokemon to evolve via Fire Stone. Of those, Vulpix, Growlithe, and Eevee are currently in the mod. Flareon is a very useless Pokemon due to awkward stats and complete lack of decent STAB attacks, Ninetales is pretty outclassed without his Drought, but Arcanine is a very respectable Pokemon. Of course, just evolve whatever you'd like. ;)
The thing in blue was knowledge; it was a link to the answer :P It just bugs me how people can easily Google these things, but they don't. Anyways, what he said is right. Flareon seems to have been thought out very poorly, and since Ninetales doesn't have Drought (yet, hopefully), it's outclassed by a ton. Arcanine is the best use of a Fire Stone as of now, as it has incredible offensive stats of 110/100/95. However, ExtremeSpeed doesn't have priority yet. Anyways, my rule of them when using stones is to only use them on Pokemon that have natures that benefit their niche. It would take a while, but you might accidentally waste it.
JOIN THE TEAM