- 24 Jul 2013 17:55
MrMasochism wrote:If I made my own system it would be very different to yours in a number of key ways. I'm not sure I think it's the best way to go about it at all especially the concept of projects etc. Nor do I ever steal ideas but to think you could come in, spend a few weeks working on something for a project I have spent over a year of concerted time on and then to take money from it is a bit stupid.
I don't want to take your money. Just a small percentage from customers when they buy something because I also have to pay the servers that I have keep running to provide e.g. the webinterface where customers can buy items and process payment with different payment methods like PayPal and paysafecard (I am registered paysafecard merchant).
And yes, I also think it would not be as complex and time consuming as pixelmon. Also you don't need to care about the projects thing yet. It will be just a feature that allows you and other developers to have multiple projects customers can buy things for (when you e.g. want to make/have another mod besides pixelmon in future).
So please think about that and the following things before taking over my part:
- Where customers should be able to see products/items, prices and descriptions?
- Which payment methods you want to offer and how you want to integrate them?
- How customers of hundrets or even thousands of servers and sales all over the world should be managed, notified and how the resulting action should be executed when e.g. customer x bought something on server y for the pixelmon project and want to e.g. have the mewto he bought ingame
- Which scripting/programming language(s) you write the rewards system in (also the webinterface and payment processing)
- Where and how you want to host the database and website for payments/sales, developer/owner rewards, products, servers, customers etc. and how it should be structured?