Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By BobMan198
#58690 Hey this is me bobman198, i would like to help you make your mod :D i have made my own my the gems mod :D
but it is still in progress please tell me if i can help thank you!!!!

By Sundial_MC
BobMan198 wrote:Hey this is me bobman198, i would like to help you make your mod :D i have made my own my the gems mod :D
but it is still in progress please tell me if i can help thank you!!!!

If you'd like to help, in: Modeling, then you're free to do it.

If it's Beta Testing or Developing, go to the Applications section and apply there.
By Jakky89
#60924 I do not want to make big profit but I really wanted to help you and other developers with the system I thought about. Now when I have documented and posted my idea and begun with development (at least the database structure nearly is perfect) it seems like you only wanted to steal my idea and do everything at your own. That's not really fair but stupid because instead of a system that could be used by everyone who want's to get some reward from his work you try to make your own thing and leave me flat.

You should know that I am not someone who only wants to make big profit. Also I developed many things (e.g. on open source projects) without wanting any money.

Also I am not rich and I am minimalist but providing services needs ressources (like servers) and therefore money to keep them running (e.g. monthly fees to hosters). So please think about what you said and don't say something that really offends people like me.
By MrMasochism
#60974 If I made my own system it would be very different to yours in a number of key ways. I'm not sure I think it's the best way to go about it at all especially the concept of projects etc. Nor do I ever steal ideas but to think you could come in, spend a few weeks working on something for a project I have spent over a year of concerted time on and then to take money from it is a bit stupid.
By Jakky89
MrMasochism wrote:If I made my own system it would be very different to yours in a number of key ways. I'm not sure I think it's the best way to go about it at all especially the concept of projects etc. Nor do I ever steal ideas but to think you could come in, spend a few weeks working on something for a project I have spent over a year of concerted time on and then to take money from it is a bit stupid.

I don't want to take your money. Just a small percentage from customers when they buy something because I also have to pay the servers that I have keep running to provide e.g. the webinterface where customers can buy items and process payment with different payment methods like PayPal and paysafecard (I am registered paysafecard merchant).

And yes, I also think it would not be as complex and time consuming as pixelmon. Also you don't need to care about the projects thing yet. It will be just a feature that allows you and other developers to have multiple projects customers can buy things for (when you e.g. want to make/have another mod besides pixelmon in future).

So please think about that and the following things before taking over my part:
  • Where customers should be able to see products/items, prices and descriptions?
  • Which payment methods you want to offer and how you want to integrate them?
  • How customers of hundrets or even thousands of servers and sales all over the world should be managed, notified and how the resulting action should be executed when e.g. customer x bought something on server y for the pixelmon project and want to e.g. have the mewto he bought ingame
  • Which scripting/programming language(s) you write the rewards system in (also the webinterface and payment processing)
  • Where and how you want to host the database and website for payments/sales, developer/owner rewards, products, servers, customers etc. and how it should be structured?
JOIN THE TEAM