Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By d3yci
#47988 I found this river on a small server that I'm hosting for a couple of friends and it used to be full of Magikarps and Goldeens and it is quite long so I just kept walking from one end to the other until I finally found my first Dragonair.

After some time of doing other things on the server I returned to that river and no matter how much I walked around, what I did or even if I restarted the server it always had a maximum of 5 Goldeens/Magikarps in it's whole length.

Does anyone know what could have caused the abnormally low spawn rates? I have also found about 3 other fairly long rivers, all showing the same low spawn rates. I know I shouldn't be expecting Dratinis and Dragonairs all over the place but there aren't even any Magikarps to begin with.

I thank anyone eager to help in advance.

By GhostWolf2398
d3yci wrote:I found this river on a small server that I'm hosting for a couple of friends and it used to be full of Magikarps and Goldeens and it is quite long so I just kept walking from one end to the other until I finally found my first Dragonair.

After some time of doing other things on the server I returned to that river and no matter how much I walked around, what I did or even if I restarted the server it always had a maximum of 5 Goldeens/Magikarps in it's whole length.

Does anyone know what could have caused the abnormally low spawn rates? I have also found about 3 other fairly long rivers, all showing the same low spawn rates. I know I shouldn't be expecting Dratinis and Dragonairs all over the place but there aren't even any Magikarps to begin with.

I thank anyone eager to help in advance.

A universally low spawn rate like that would suggest that the server you are playing on changed the spawn rates in the config settings (likely to reduce lag). You can configure land, air, water, and underground spawn rates in the config.

EDIT: I didn't realize you hosted the server. You can always increase it in the configs to your liking. It could also be dependant on how many people are on the server, as each person gets some of the spawns.
By d3yci
#47991 Thank you for your reply.

Thing is that I'm the one running the server and only one in control of the config files. I'm not really familiar with these things but as far as I know the game itself can't change the configurations can it? Nevertheless I changed the water spawn rates from 20 to 40 and the spawn rates look just like they did at the start. Thank you.
By d3yci
#48008 No. I checked and it was always 20 before I changed it to 40. I just had very high spawn rates for some time and then they decreased without any change to the config. Later I changed it manualy to 40 for water pokemon and the spawn rates rose to the level they were at some point when it was set to 20.
By Evilshallwin
d3yci wrote:No. I checked and it was always 20 before I changed it to 40. I just had very high spawn rates for some time and then they decreased without any change to the config. Later I changed it manualy to 40 for water pokemon and the spawn rates rose to the level they were at some point when it was set to 20.

You might have some entity limit.

When pixelmon spawn in one place, they take up a spawn slot, reducing the spawns of others in other places.
JOIN THE TEAM