Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By Ashadia
#47554 Is there a way to check someone's PC? I have a problem with someone stealing someone's fossil

By GhostWolf2398
Ashadia wrote:Is there a way to check someone's PC? I have a problem with someone stealing someone's fossil

You could do it in a roundabout way.

Go into the /saves folder and find the playername.comp file of the player you want.

Find your own .comp file, and make a backup of it somewhere else.
Make a copy of the playername.comp file and change it to your own playername

Then handle as necessary.

I've never actually tried this, but is should work in theory - just back up all the files to be safe.
By Ashadia
GhostWolf2398 wrote:
Ashadia wrote:Is there a way to check someone's PC? I have a problem with someone stealing someone's fossil

Go into the /saves folder and find the playername.comp file of the player you want.

I've never actually tried this, but is should work in theory - just back up all the files to be safe.

I tired this and its nt working, it still has MY data, idk what to do :c
By GhostWolf2398
Ashadia wrote:
GhostWolf2398 wrote:

You did this on the server's folder for /saves. You were logged out when you did it? You moved your .comp file to another location so that the only file in that /saves folder that had yourname.comp on it was the one you renamed (and not the original)?

EDIT: I have confirmed that this method does work, as long as you weren't logged in at the time you tried moving it (since the game would just create a new save in the folder when you logged off).
By Ashadia
GhostWolf2398 wrote:
Ashadia wrote:
GhostWolf2398 wrote:

You did this on the server's folder for /saves. You were logged out when you did it? You moved your .comp file to another location so that the only file in that /saves folder that had yourname.comp on it was the one you renamed (and not the original)?

EDIT: I have confirmed that this method does work, as long as you weren't logged in at the time you tried moving it (since the game would just create a new save in the folder when you logged off).

I was logged off everything... Maybe its because I tried to pu the file on a NEW server... since my server is hosted by NFO and i cant directly change the files... I took the user's data from them then tried uploading it on a single player server...
By GhostWolf2398
Ashadia wrote:I was logged off everything... Maybe its because I tried to pu the file on a NEW server... since my server is hosted by NFO and i cant directly change the files... I took the user's data from them then tried uploading it on a single player server...

That should work just fine. I did that with my Let's Play co-host's computer file from our server, and put it onto a singleplayer world of mine, and it worked, so it must be some minor issue we are missing here.

1) Make sure that they are not currently on the server (to make sure there isn't any write protection on the files)
2) Copy your own player files into a safe location (new folder) so you have a backup.
3) Copy their /saves/<worldname>/pixelmon/<playername>.comp file into a second new folder
4) Copy their /saves/<worldname>/pixelmon/<playername>.pk into the same second folder
5) Look at the files for your own save data, and copy the entire filename from them
6) Rename their two files with the filename that shows up on your files
7) In any singleplayer world that exists, drop the two renamed files of theirs into the /saves/<singleplayerworldname>/pixelmon/ folder, overwriting your current files for that world, if they exist (so make sure you back these up too if they matter)
8) Check your current sidebar party
9) Spawn a PC in and check all the boxes

Did you make sure you spelled your name correctly on the filename when you renamed it from theirs to yours? It has to exactly match the way it was on the copy of your computer data that you backed up.

You may also want to get their party data too (the .pk file) and move that.

And just to triple-check, these are not the player.dat files, but the .comp and .pk files right?
JOIN THE TEAM