- 20 Jun 2013 15:56
Ashadia wrote:I was logged off everything... Maybe its because I tried to pu the file on a NEW server... since my server is hosted by NFO and i cant directly change the files... I took the user's data from them then tried uploading it on a single player server...
That should work just fine. I did that with my Let's Play co-host's computer file from our server, and put it onto a singleplayer world of mine, and it worked, so it must be some minor issue we are missing here.
1) Make sure that they are not currently on the server (to make sure there isn't any write protection on the files)
2) Copy your own player files into a safe location (new folder) so you have a backup.
3) Copy their /saves/<worldname>/pixelmon/<playername>.comp file into a second new folder
4) Copy their /saves/<worldname>/pixelmon/<playername>.pk into the same second folder
5) Look at the files for your own save data, and copy the entire filename from them
6) Rename their two files with the filename that shows up on your files
7) In any singleplayer world that exists, drop the two renamed files of theirs into the /saves/<singleplayerworldname>/pixelmon/ folder, overwriting your current files for that world, if they exist (so make sure you back these up too if they matter)
8) Check your current sidebar party
9) Spawn a PC in and check all the boxes
Did you make sure you spelled your name correctly on the filename when you renamed it from theirs to yours? It has to exactly match the way it was on the copy of your computer data that you backed up.
You may also want to get their party data too (the .pk file) and move that.
And just to triple-check, these are not the player.dat files, but the .comp and .pk files right?