Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By jeremy58589721
sargeantsimon wrote:Many choose to go to 12 so that they don't run into the lava pools at all, though that line of thinking is often flawed because these pools often generate with pockets of air above them, or in ravines. Mining at 12 would then still enable them to fall into it, but eliminate all hope of escape.

when i mine i always hold shift (sneak) its a habbit now. i may walk slower while mining through my strip mine operations but atleast if im not paying attention to the floor i wont fall through any holes or lava pools. :D

By Evilshallwin
jeremy58589721 wrote:
sargeantsimon wrote:Many choose to go to 12 so that they don't run into the lava pools at all, though that line of thinking is often flawed because these pools often generate with pockets of air above them, or in ravines. Mining at 12 would then still enable them to fall into it, but eliminate all hope of escape.

when i mine i always hold shift (sneak) its a habbit now. i may walk slower while mining through my strip mine operations but atleast if im not paying attention to the floor i wont fall through any holes or lava pools. :D

You're safe if you just only mine the block farthest away from you (so about 3 blocks away), leaves most people plenty of reaction time to avoid lava.

Also, the question of this thread was never really answered xD
By Polifroeg
#44554 Try ellians detector mod it finds all ores within a certain number of blocks and the scan range can be increased! I use it to find the rarer than diamonds fossils
By jeremy58589721
Evilshallwin wrote:Also, the question of this thread was never really answered xD

i sorta answered it, in a previous post. i got a diamond hammer from a i think it was a red mareep boss :D
By sargeantsimon
#45199 Basically, never count on getting a specific item from a boss. It isn't likely, and Murphy will keep it from you. If there's something like an XP share you want, just keep fighting bosses as normal and hoard your drops. There's really not much point in boss hunting for anything specific. Boss hunt for EVERYTHING instead.
By AnDwHaT5
#45223 To answer the main question they are fairly rare. I have gotten 2 so far but they were like a aluminum and iron hammers. No luck with diamond hammers. Good luck.
By Lettucecow
#46510 Just make one instead ;)
JOIN THE TEAM