Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By NinjaTwinkie13
#40094 This mod has been great, but there are times when the novelty alone of capturing pokemon and training them is not enough to support a 4 hour sit-down into the wee hours of the morning. I think it's fun to have some sort of objective, other than just grinding for hours, so what do you guys like to do in pixelmon?

By jaxy73
#40128 i look around for jynx, oh jynx where are you!? my love for you can never be broken. i found one but a charmelion ko'd all mt pixelmon so i could'nt catch it :(
By Rarity
#40427 Pixelmon does have a little problem. The novelty of the game wears off quick. My favorite thing is evolving pokemon, but the extremely limited number of pokemon and lack of other gen makes the game over real quick. In Gen 1 it's rather obvious which pokemon you'll go for and other than hunting Legendaries, you can have all the pokemon you wanted on your team within a few hours. And it takes no time what-so-ever to evolve them all, with the exception of Dratini. Level 55 is a pain in the butt to get, and not to mention Dratini has some of the worst moves in the game (Slam, etc - All accuracy level 75, which is absolutely horrendous).

Pixelmon bounces between frustratingly hunting pokemon your level to fight and frustratingly bouncing between hunting bosses for a TM move you want. There is no real fun to it after you have ran around for 2 hours and only found a single Blue enemy. Boss Rarity is among the worst, and often times you're left just frustrated, and not having fun. Not to mention, the number of lids these bosses drop is excessively high. I would rather see boss pokemon drop more interesting items, rather than Pokeballs or Pokeball lids.

One of my favorite Pokemon; Frosslass, isn't in the game, and because Gen 1 is the worst of all Gen (The least balanced of all Gen - Though this is my opinion), there is only so much you can do. Adding more pokemon would of course only do so much. Combined with the lack of any real interesting Bug types in Gen 1 and almost non-existent Steel, Dark and Psychic Types, as well as Ice types, you end up with a team existing of some of the most non-diverse pokemon ever. Most people will always carry a Starter pokemon, and Eevee is basically a must have on any team because of her diversity and ability to adapt.

I spend a great deal of time wondering if this Gen 1 Pokemon is worth it, but find out that it isn't because their more powerful forms aren't even in the game yet because they are Gen 3+. For instance, Magnezone. Without Magnezone, Magneton is one of the weakest Steal types. His third form greatly boosts his stats and more, meaning Jolteon is a much better Electric type pokemon. Essentially it makes Magneton worthless other than for the novelty of it, or to mix it up. Another interesting pokemon, Scyther, is completely pointless without Scizor being in the game. As a Steel/Bug type, he would have greatly improved relations with other players, as well as make bug type interesting.

Lots of Gen 1 Pokemon really only shine when Gen 2-3+ came out and their new forms were released. Gen 1 has some of the least number of Poison, Ghost, Dark, Steel, and Ice Pokemon of the series. It wasn't really diversified until later when they added more unique pokemon.

I also think Pixelmon suffers from an over abundance of Rock pokemon because of Fossils and the other rock types.
By NinjaTwinkie13
#40440 I don't know, I had fun just hunting around for pokemon and just growing apricorns, doing the whole "catch em all" thing. Had fun for a few hours, except my world wasnt particularly interesting. I like most generations, except the leveling balance in gen 5, so really just playing around with the idea of having pokemon in minecraft has served me well...

anyways, people on this forum must be playing the game so... what do people do...
By jaxy73
#40603 I just caught a jynx! finally! now im on the hunt for pokemon to help level my growlithe up! and bosses for an everstone for my cute little psyduck
By jeremy58589721
Rarity wrote:Pixelmon does have a little problem. The novelty of the game wears off quick. My favorite thing is evolving pokemon, but the extremely limited number of pokemon and lack of other gen makes the game over real quick. In Gen 1 it's rather obvious which pokemon you'll go for and other than hunting Legendaries, you can have all the pokemon you wanted on your team within a few hours. And it takes no time what-so-ever to evolve them all, with the exception of Dratini. Level 55 is a pain in the butt to get, and not to mention Dratini has some of the worst moves in the game (Slam, etc - All accuracy level 75, which is absolutely horrendous).

Pixelmon bounces between frustratingly hunting pokemon your level to fight and frustratingly bouncing between hunting bosses for a TM move you want. There is no real fun to it after you have ran around for 2 hours and only found a single Blue enemy. Boss Rarity is among the worst, and often times you're left just frustrated, and not having fun. Not to mention, the number of lids these bosses drop is excessively high. I would rather see boss pokemon drop more interesting items, rather than Pokeballs or Pokeball lids.

One of my favorite Pokemon; Frosslass, isn't in the game, and because Gen 1 is the worst of all Gen (The least balanced of all Gen - Though this is my opinion), there is only so much you can do. Adding more pokemon would of course only do so much. Combined with the lack of any real interesting Bug types in Gen 1 and almost non-existent Steel, Dark and Psychic Types, as well as Ice types, you end up with a team existing of some of the most non-diverse pokemon ever. Most people will always carry a Starter pokemon, and Eevee is basically a must have on any team because of her diversity and ability to adapt.

I spend a great deal of time wondering if this Gen 1 Pokemon is worth it, but find out that it isn't because their more powerful forms aren't even in the game yet because they are Gen 3+. For instance, Magnezone. Without Magnezone, Magneton is one of the weakest Steal types. His third form greatly boosts his stats and more, meaning Jolteon is a much better Electric type pokemon. Essentially it makes Magneton worthless other than for the novelty of it, or to mix it up. Another interesting pokemon, Scyther, is completely pointless without Scizor being in the game. As a Steel/Bug type, he would have greatly improved relations with other players, as well as make bug type interesting.

Lots of Gen 1 Pokemon really only shine when Gen 2-3+ came out and their new forms were released. Gen 1 has some of the least number of Poison, Ghost, Dark, Steel, and Ice Pokemon of the series. It wasn't really diversified until later when they added more unique pokemon.

I also think Pixelmon suffers from an over abundance of Rock pokemon because of Fossils and the other rock types.

not to ruin the pixelmon experience, but you could always add other mods to it to give you more to do. im not 100% sure what mods arent compatable with pixelmon but im sure if you add a few of your other favorite mods to it, it would be pretty fun.
By Dietrech
#40981 I play on my private server with my cousins and what I like to do when I get bored is raise their pokemon (pretend to be pokemon caretaker XD) Then I try to raise a certain type of pokemon and we battle eachother.
By LostNoob
#40984 What I do is have multiple projects going on at once, for example i'm currently working on expanding my base, an apricorn farm, a pokemon center/lab and getting my team up to lv100, what I might do if I get bored of all pixelmon has to offer is install train craft and railcraft and build a train network around my world.
By Lettucecow
#46511 Personally i think pixelmon singleplayer is sorta boring, but multiplayer is way more fun! Me and my friends all have the mod and play on one server together and its a lot of fun! I find the mod to be more exiting when you play with other people, but thats just me.
JOIN THE TEAM