Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By hotburn101
#41205
AngryGroudon wrote:
hotburn101 wrote:
Rarity wrote:It is under my impression that Pixelmon is a mod designed as a TC (Total Conversion) to your Minecraft experience. A peaceful setting, without monsters while maintaining the survival aspect for players who want to legitimately obtain Pokemon.

Pixelmon isn't really a mod that goes well with other mods that add survival things, Such as DivineRPG or Grimoire of Gaia, or Mutant Creatures, because battling Pokemon and collecting them is the main focus of the mod. Going to the Nether, other than to find a bunch of fire pokemon, just seems like a very big disjointed feature. Pokemon features bright, colorful and diverse worlds. Sending you to the underworld to score a Charmander just feels out of place.

But that's my two bits.


well that's a good point but I meant this not to get regular fire types I meant this for like I said rare fire types suck as groundon or heatran because in the games those pokemon lived in extremely hot places




I can see a couple of things there is wrong. One someone already suggested to make groudon and heatran spawjn the nether but that was denied because they don't want pokemon spawning in the nether. Plus here is the thing that made me write this. Groudon is not a fire type, he is a GROUND type! That is why i don't think he should be put in the nether

um I was just asking why they cant get added know if they can
By MikenIkey
#41537
SPG wrote:to the bold - im not home right now, so when he is made, i cant do anything about that
to everything else, we can cross the bridge when we get there, hell, the birds are in game, but thats not how they should spawn, why they can even spawn right now is beyond me, but their spawn will change in the next update hopfully

How exactly do the birds spawn? Just randomly or an event or what?
User avatar
By SPG
#41564
MikenIkey wrote:
SPG wrote:to the bold - im not home right now, so when he is made, i cant do anything about that
to everything else, we can cross the bridge when we get there, hell, the birds are in game, but thats not how they should spawn, why they can even spawn right now is beyond me, but their spawn will change in the next update hopfully

How exactly do the birds spawn? Just randomly or an event or what?

no idea, i think its just in a certain biome, but it will change, how they spawn isnt final
By ErusPrime
#49963 There aren't enough vanilla biomes to really manage a realistic spawn area for all the different pokemon. If there was a way to config biome spawning for dimensional/biome mods that would be pretty cool. I know I like to play with mystcraft, twilight forest, and atum installed.

for pre-init it could check the list of biomes and create a pixelmon_biome.cfg where you could create lists of pokemon that are restricted from spawning in that biome. The exclusion method would allow the spawns to feel more realistic. Right now it's kind of a mess.

This is just a thought. Once my java is better and I've completed my own mod, I might work on a side mod for it.
By DigitalDubs
#49966
ErusPrime wrote:There aren't enough vanilla biomes to really manage a realistic spawn area for all the different pokemon. If there was a way to config biome spawning for dimensional/biome mods that would be pretty cool. I know I like to play with mystcraft, twilight forest, and atum installed.

for pre-init it could check the list of biomes and create a pixelmon_biome.cfg where you could create lists of pokemon that are restricted from spawning in that biome. The exclusion method would allow the spawns to feel more realistic. Right now it's kind of a mess.

This is just a thought. Once my java is better and I've completed my own mod, I might work on a side mod for it.

I agree there really isn't enough biomes...
By Lettucecow
#50040 Um.. you could just make volcanoes spawn randomly around the world and have groudon and maybe heatran spawn in them :D As well as other strong fire pokemon like charizard and arcanine. OH! I just remembered entei lives in volcanoes so it too i guess :D
By ErusPrime
#50059
Lettucecow wrote:Um.. you could just make volcanoes spawn randomly around the world and have groudon and maybe heatran spawn in them :D As well as other strong fire pokemon like charizard and arcanine. OH! I just remembered entei lives in volcanoes so it too i guess :D


Ask cojo for the Tropicraft volcanoes. They're awesome.
By Blaze150
#50099 Hey guys about all these extra biomes and volcanoes and st00f there is already a side mod for that by Hypnose
viewtopic.php?f=65&t=2463
By Polifroeg
#51085
SPG wrote:He comes out of lava and makes everything around him hot, he fits in the nether or a volcano

what if pixelmon added a volcan o biome? which would work
JOIN THE TEAM