Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By hotburn101
#38567 I don't understand why pixelmon has NO plans of the nether ! I mean maybe mot now but on a post I saw pixelmon has no plans for the nether why can someone explain this to me. :?: :?: :?: :?: don't see why groudon in the future cant spawn in the nether (note. if someone else has posted something like this I am sorry for wasting your time and please don't rage thank you and sorry)

By Rarity
#38927 It is under my impression that Pixelmon is a mod designed as a TC (Total Conversion) to your Minecraft experience. A peaceful setting, without monsters while maintaining the survival aspect for players who want to legitimately obtain Pokemon.

Pixelmon isn't really a mod that goes well with other mods that add survival things, Such as DivineRPG or Grimoire of Gaia, or Mutant Creatures, because battling Pokemon and collecting them is the main focus of the mod. Going to the Nether, other than to find a bunch of fire pokemon, just seems like a very big disjointed feature. Pokemon features bright, colorful and diverse worlds. Sending you to the underworld to score a Charmander just feels out of place.

But that's my two bits.
By hotburn101
Rarity wrote:It is under my impression that Pixelmon is a mod designed as a TC (Total Conversion) to your Minecraft experience. A peaceful setting, without monsters while maintaining the survival aspect for players who want to legitimately obtain Pokemon.

Pixelmon isn't really a mod that goes well with other mods that add survival things, Such as DivineRPG or Grimoire of Gaia, or Mutant Creatures, because battling Pokemon and collecting them is the main focus of the mod. Going to the Nether, other than to find a bunch of fire pokemon, just seems like a very big disjointed feature. Pokemon features bright, colorful and diverse worlds. Sending you to the underworld to score a Charmander just feels out of place.

But that's my two bits.

well that's a good point but I meant this not to get regular fire types I meant this for like I said rare fire types suck as groundon or heatran because in the games those pokemon lived in extremely hot places
By Rarity
hotburn101 wrote:
Rarity wrote:It is under my impression that Pixelmon is a mod designed as a TC (Total Conversion) to your Minecraft experience. A peaceful setting, without monsters while maintaining the survival aspect for players who want to legitimately obtain Pokemon.

But that's my two bits.

well that's a good point but I meant this not to get regular fire types I meant this for like I said rare fire types suck as groundon or heatran because in the games those pokemon lived in extremely hot places

Pixelmon is only focusing on Gen 1 Pokemon right now so both of those pokemon would not exist as of yet. Besides, please don't use Heatran. Everyone uses Heatran. Have some variety ♥
By sargeantsimon
#39203 There are places for such pokemon in the overworld. http://pixelmonmod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=10 This thread will show you the current plans for legendary spawning, though it may not actually be current anymore. I haven't seen it change in a while, but I haven't been paying much attention, either.

My theory regarding the nether is that they don't want to drag you there just for one or two rare pokemon, and there is no correlation of the nether in the pokemon world.
By SPG
sargeantsimon wrote:There are places for such pokemon in the overworld. http://pixelmonmod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=10 This thread will show you the current plans for legendary spawning, though it may not actually be current anymore. I haven't seen it change in a while, but I haven't been paying much attention, either.

My theory regarding the nether is that they don't want to drag you there just for one or two rare pokemon, and there is no correlation of the nether in the pokemon world.

nah, most of that is just a pile of suggestions, only a few things come up are final, but we havent really thought about anything past gen 1 (a few times i have spoken to mr. m and we were talkign about other gens, but it doesnt last long)
By Tom_X
SPG wrote:nah, most of that is just a pile of suggestions, only a few things come up are final, but we havent really thought about anything past gen 1 (a few times i have spoken to mr. m and we were talkign about other gens, but it doesnt last long)

Seeing that Gen 1 is close-but-not-that-close to being completed, maybe some ideas should be thought about, and decided, it's 7 Pokemon from being finished and, for what I know, there still isn't even a concrete decision wether to let everyone model whatever Pokemon they want, or stick to the one Gen modelling thing we've been using up to now. Besides, I want to know how's Mewtwo going to be found...
By SPG
Tom_X wrote:
SPG wrote:nah, most of that is just a pile of suggestions, only a few things come up are final, but we havent really thought about anything past gen 1 (a few times i have spoken to mr. m and we were talkign about other gens, but it doesnt last long)

Seeing that Gen 1 is close-but-not-that-close to being completed, maybe some ideas should be thought about, and decided, it's 7 Pokemon from being finished and, for what I know, there still isn't even a concrete decision wether to let everyone model whatever Pokemon they want, or stick to the one Gen modelling thing we've been using up to now. Besides, I want to know how's Mewtwo going to be found...

to the bold - im not home right now, so when he is made, i cant do anything about that
to everything else, we can cross the bridge when we get there, hell, the birds are in game, but thats not how they should spawn, why they can even spawn right now is beyond me, but their spawn will change in the next update hopfully
By AngryGroudon
hotburn101 wrote:

But that's my two bits.

I can see a couple of things there is wrong. One someone already suggested to make groudon and heatran spawjn the nether but that was denied because they don't want pokemon spawning in the nether. Plus here is the thing that made me write this. Groudon is not a fire type, he is a GROUND type! That is why i don't think he should be put in the nether
JOIN THE TEAM