Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By savail
#207297 Hopefully this is the right place. I'm probably doing something really silly, but I can't seem to get external moves to be allowed by specific types. Instead I get crashes on world creation.

Basically, I have a list of skills that, when used by any Pokemon, allow access to the external move. And this is working fine for all skills. However, I want to also allow Ignite to be used by any Fire type and Rock Smash to be used by any Fighting type, even if they don't have those required moves. I'm specifying the type in intrinsicSpecs as I did for the skills where I want specific Pokemon to be able to use a move regardless of whether they currently have it (Diglett and Dig, for example).

For example, the relevant snippet for Rock Smash is as such:
Code: Select all"intrinsicSpecs": [
     "type1:Fighting",
     "type2:Fighting"
],

I don't really care if it's type 1 or type 2, so I had also tried it as :

Code: Select all"intrinsicSpecs": [
     "type:Fighting"
],

Also tried lowercase and just putting the type without the key. Former yields crashes still; latter loads the game but allows all Pokemon to use the external move.

I'd really like to get this working so I can re-add TaN back into the mix. I removed it since I had disabled all tools and setup RAM, meaning Pokemon are the only way to survive! If you've got any suggestions for things I can try, please let me know!

(Edit: Yes, I've considered just going through and manually adding every Pokemon with Fire (or Fighting) as part of its typing instead, but that lengthens the file considerably and will require additional upkeep, too.)

JOIN THE TEAM