Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By Snugg
#204904 Me and a friend decided to host a pixelmon server but we dont know how to change the rates of spawns. We changed config settings but they only work in single player and we need them to work in multiplayer. If anyone has any info please share and we're using Apex Hosting if that is needed. We tried to look in their settings as well and cant seem to find anything and we just dont know what to do at this point. We've set ticks to 1 just to test and nothing works

By XpanD
#204905 Hi,

If you edit the Mod Options/P menu settings, those will only apply to single player as you noticed. You'll want to edit the "pixelmon.hocon" file in the server's "config" folder, instead. You can use your host's file manager for that, or use an FTP client like WinSCP to open them locally in something like Notepad++.

After saving your changes, use "/pokereload" or restart the server to have them apply. Some settings may only apply after a restart. Make sure you keep the config's formatting intact, as any syntax errors will cause the mod to revert to defaults (with a big log error) on restart.
By Snugg
#204906 We’ve tried messing with the “pixelmon.hocon” file and restarted the server and no changes were updated so is there another step I’m missing? And the file I mentioned above updates on its own when we mess with the mod settings in the game and idk if that’s a good or bad thing. We’ve went into that file and changed the ticks but it’s acting as if nothing was changed
By XpanD
#204907 Your clients will also have their own "pixelmon.hocon" files, but you'll have to edit the one on the server specifically. If the changes in that file also fail to take, we'll need to see your logs. The Discord (from the link to the right) is generally the best place for us to look into those, so that may be worth joining.
By Snugg
#204908 i messaged you on discord so it would be easier to contact you, but we dont have a server config file. We just have a config file inside of Pixelmon Reforged and its for single player
JOIN THE TEAM