I've spent ages more on this but am making no progress. Ready to give up. I followed the instructions below:
1. Download Minecraft Forge 188.8.131.524 and above (files.minecraftforge.net) - done
2. Download the latest Pixelmon - done
3. Download WinRAR or sometype of program with .jar compatibility - done
4. Press the Windows Key + R to open your Run Command, type in %appdata% - done
5. Locate your .minecraft folder and open - done
6. Locate your bin folder and open - done
7. Locate the minecraft.jar file, Right Click > Open with WinRAR - done
8. You will now be able to see the contents of the minecraft.jar, locate the META-inf folder and delete it - done.
9. Now extract the downloaded forge files into the minecraft.jar - done (extracted elsewhere and dragged and dropped in instead - though it didn't look like I was dragging as many files as it looks on the YouTube video? I extracted twice just in case but got the same amount of files each time)
You just installed forge. Now to Pixelmon.
10. Go back to the .minecraft folder - done
11. Extract all files from the Pixelmon Download straight into the .minecraft folder. - done - dragged and dropped instead as extracting didn't work
12. And there you have it, you can now have fun with pixel monsters.
...but I'm not even getting the forge installed correctly. Am I mad? Don't know what I'm doing wrong.
I'm running Minecraft 1.5.2, Pixelmon 2.1.1 and forge 1.5.1-184.108.40.2069
Any help appreciated.