Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By HM635
#22544 So hi new here and just got a few questions about the stones i know you can craft them by getting 9 shards but the only ones ive been able to find are the leaf stone peices since theyre in the trees. I just want to know where to find the Thunder,Water,and Fire Stone pieces. If you can help me out it would be much appreciated thanks :)

By KuryoZT
#22637 and Water stone are under the sea, you can see them from the surface while swimming, hope this helps too
By Jfreak9
#22808 Thunder stones can be found in extreme hills, its best if you fly around you can sometimes see them poking out of the mountain. Otherwise you have to dig a lot!
By HM635
#22843 Thank you all very much for the responses ill go exploring for them :)
By r00sty
#25039 How rare are Firestone shards anyway? I have analyzed about 100 chunks with world edit, and found absolutely none so far!
By karrybird
#25128 i think the fire stones need a different way of spawning, how about near lava. under it seems a bit much. and it's so rare i have never found a single one.

i still vote for them to spawn like regular ores underground....same goes for the other stones too, i mean, where would THEY spawn?
By Yaseen
#25129 I agree that they should be near lava as well rather than always underneath it
By BamfkingJDM
karrybird wrote:i think the fire stones need a different way of spawning, how about near lava. under it seems a bit much. and it's so rare i have never found a single one.

i still vote for them to spawn like regular ores underground....same goes for the other stones too, i mean, where would THEY spawn?

Definitely agree with this, its so difficult finding fire stone let alone mine it.
By jishness
#25154 Just my analysis, I think the code was setup wrong. Fire shards don't seem to spawn under lava except for in the nether.

Code: Select allif (above.block == lava) then
  var1 = rnd(40)
  if (var1) then
    block = fireshard
  endif
endif

I do not know java, and I didn't put this in any particular language or working code. Just something I put together quick as an example. In summary, it means a block below lava should have a 1 in 40 chance of being a fire shard. I also didn't pick 40 as a balanced number, again, it was an example.

I don't know why they only spawn in the nether but I do know MrM did not want Pixelmon to have anything to do with the nether.
JOIN THE TEAM