Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By SilentProtagonist
#195227 Hey, I'm trying to test an adventure map and am having a bit of an issue. I am planning to play the map with my friends when I'm finished with it, but I'm having issues testing it to see if it works right.

No matter what I do I can't seem to reset my own data on the map to view it like a new player would, which I need for when we begin playing anyways.
Additionally, I can't test any of the features I'm putting down when I switch into creative mode. I can place poke-loots and chests and edit some of their features, but when I switch into survival mode to try and act as a player it just lets me edit different features of the items I'm trying to test out!

Can anyone who's done this before give me some pointers on what I need to do here?

By shadoowner
#195229 Hello, the problem lies in the fact that you still have OP permissions when you switch to survivalmode, people with OP permissions will automatically change the settings of the pokeloot instead of using them.
If you are on a singleplayer server you can open to lan and turn off cheats there, that should take away your OP permissions.
If you are on a hosted server you can just de-OP yourself and OP yourself through console after you're done testing (this assuming you dont have any permission plugins set up)
By SilentProtagonist
shadoowner wrote:Hello, the problem lies in the fact that you still have OP permissions when you switch to survivalmode, people with OP permissions will automatically change the settings of the pokeloot instead of using them.
If you are on a singleplayer server you can open to lan and turn off cheats there, that should take away your OP permissions.
If you are on a hosted server you can just de-OP yourself and OP yourself through console after you're done testing (this assuming you dont have any permission plugins set up)

Ok, awesome. I'll go take a look at the commands list and see if I can find the one for that. How does that work for me in the future though? I'm looking to host a private server with the map after I'm done with it. Will I still need to remove the OP setting on a new server? Can I make a new "Pixelmon Profile" to bypass it? I'm really flabbergasted that they would make it this un-intuitive to try and work with this. :/
By SilentProtagonist
shadoowner wrote:Hello, the problem lies in the fact that you still have OP permissions when you switch to survivalmode, people with OP permissions will automatically change the settings of the pokeloot instead of using them.

Any idea about how to get my profile treated like a new player when I join into the game, though? Or is there a command somewhere that I'm missing that will let me bring up and use the "Starter" screen in game?
By Rasgnarok
#195249 Has nothing to do with Pixelmon's way of treating players, and everything to do with your personal setup. Do /deop to remove OP from your character (as in remove all permissions) and delete all your player's files in world/pokemon. If you need further support, please connect to Pixelmon's Discord and ask there.
By SilentProtagonist
Rasgnarok wrote:Has nothing to do with Pixelmon's way of treating players, and everything to do with your personal setup.

Well, I WAS talking about Minecraft's way of handling player saves and not allowing for simple re-initialization... but hey, way to go on the attack right away! Thumbs up! *sarcasm*

Rasgnarok wrote:Do /deop to remove OP from your character (as in remove all permissions) and delete all your player's files in world/pokemon. If you need further support, please connect to Pixelmon's Discord and ask there.

This was all that was needed to answer the question. Thank you for letting me know the command. I will check out the discord.
JOIN THE TEAM