Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By Zudoia
#192018 Yo! I'm sure most of you, or all don't know me. I used to play Pixelmon ages ago, when it was a super popular mod. And I have to say, it's really sad to see how many players Pixelmon has lost in general. A server that I used to play, Pokeballers, used to have 150+ players on one of the servers during the day. I recently checked it out again and there were 15 players...like I said, it makes me really sad.

Now this is just my view, do you guys see Pixelmon growing, or losing players?
Also, what do you think should happen to gain popularity again?

Thanks for reading! :)
Zudoia (Nick)

By SnowBlitzz
#192020 I've seen a lot of servers suffering from player base decreases in the past couple of months. I assumed at first that it was due to the fact that school started in most countries, but nah that's not the case. There hasn't been any returning players as much as I expected. I think the root cause is because a lot of players are staying on 1.7.10 (Those servers, for some reason, has a higher player base then 1.8.9 or 1.10.2), and the latest versions being labeled as beta. Generally speaking, I guess people wouldn't want to play a buggy beta version so they lay back to the recommended ones.

I'm sure once the recommended 4.3.0 and 5.0.0 release is out, it will regain it's popularity. Youtubers will start making their series with all the new added Pokemons and features; servers will start updating. The whole team seems to be working really hard to make the next update succcessful ;-)

Oh, and there's Pokemon SM.
By Zudoia
SnowBlitzz wrote:I've seen a lot of servers suffering from player base decreases in the past couple of months. I assumed at first that it was due to the fact that school started in most countries, but nah that's not the case. There hasn't been any returning players as much as I expected. I think the root cause is because a lot of players are staying on 1.7.10 (Those servers, for some reason, has a higher player base then 1.8.9 or 1.10.2), and the latest versions being labeled as beta. Generally speaking, I guess people wouldn't want to play a buggy beta version so they lay back to the recommended ones.

I'm sure once the recommended 4.3.0 and 5.0.0 release is out, it will regain it's popularity. Youtubers will start making their series with all the new added Pokemons and features; servers will start updating. The whole team seems to be working really hard to make the next update succcessful ;-)

Oh, and there's Pokemon SM.

I agree with this a lot. Hopefully it starts picking up again, I would really like to see that happen.
JOIN THE TEAM