Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By GrayArbalest
#21147 I think it would be great if experienced players could provide answers for questions such as where are fossils, how to craft etc. so that new posts about them won't keep getting posted. Also general gameplay tips for new players. I can add a few answers to some from the top of my head and I can add your answers to the list.

FAQ
Items Help:
Spoiler:
Where are fire/water/leaf/thunder stones?
A: Fire stones are under lava in the Overworld, water stones at the bottom of oceans/bodies of water, leaf stones in tree leaves (you'll know when you see it), thunder stones in mountain biomes (can usually be seen on the outside walls).

Master balls? TMs?
A: Master balls along with TMs are dropped by boss Pokémon.

Can I heal Pokémon without a diamonds/healing table?
A: Yes, if you sleep in a normal bed for a night.

How to craft pokeballs?
A: Hammer discs on anvil by left-clicking with a hammer until you get lids. Lid + button + lid= Poké ball!
Check the wiki for an in-depth guide.

Pokémon Help:
Spoiler:
Can my Pokémon grow?
A: No. An abnormally small or large Pokemon will remain abnormal permanently. A Pokemon's size stat will even carry over after evolution.

Colored Pokémon names!?

A: These are boss Pokémon; they drop special loot. The order is Yellow, Red, Blue, Green (Yellow dropping the most and green dropping the least).

Please add my favorite Pokémon!
A: Currently the team of Pixelmon is working on Generations 2-5. Please be patient. Note the Generation 6 will not be worked on until Generation 7 is released due to potential copyright issues.

Where do I find Mew?

A: Very rarely in a Jungle biome.

Pokémon in the End/Nether?

A: No Pixelmon-related items/creatures will be implemented in the other dimensions.

Have IVs/EVs and shiny Pokémon been implemented?
A: Yes

If my Pokémon is a shiny and evolves will it remain as a shiny?
Attack not working properly!
Attack missing its effect!
None of the attacks have animations!
A: Not all attacks have been properly programmed in yet. We are working as fast as we can, and the problem will be resolved eventually.

How do I breed Pokémon?

A: This feature hasn't been added yet, but is planned and will be soon.

Programming and Modding Help:

Spoiler:
Errors with NEI/FTB!?
A: Pixelmon is incompatible with Not Enough Items which means it's incompatible with Feed The Beast.

Making a custom map, can I make Pokémon spawn in certain biomes/areas?

A: To make Pokémon spawn in specific biomes, you can edit the database, but the staff are not allowed to tell you how to do so. To make Pokémon spawn in specific places, a Pixelmon Spawner can be used.

Please add more so we can help newcomers out. :D

By KuryoZT
#21173 I thank you for this, but they will still come, I remember myself having answered at least two of these, more than once, I still hope it will help
By Windjoe
KuryoZT wrote:I thank you for this, but they will still come, I remember myself having answered at least two of these, more than once, I still hope it will help
Just how it works, some people just want to play dumb and not look around the forum first.
By Airfoil
#21258 I believe this thread should be linked to in the FAQ section of the site and/or placed in the announcements section of the General Forums, so that it can be easily found and seen.

Also, here is some information that should be added:

Where do I get thunder stones?
- Thunder Stones can be found in mountain biomes, usually clearly visible on the outside of walls.

Where do I find fossils?
- Fossils can be found on layers 20-50, mixed in with clusters of gravel blocks.

Where do I get TMs?
Where do I get Master Balls?
- Bosses have a chance to drop any TM, HM, or Master balls upon defeat.

Is there any way to heal your Pokemon without needing diamonds?
- You can heal your Pokemon without having to craft a healer by sleeping in an ordinary bed.

Please add my favorite Pokemon!
You should add the starters from every game for us to choose from!
- We plan to add every Pokemon, but are currently going in order by generation. You will have to wait.

Where do I find Mew?
- Very rarely in Jungle Biomes

Do any Pokemon spawn in the Nether?
Do any Pokemon spawn in the End?
- Currently, no Pokemon spawn in any alternate dimensions.

I keep getting errors when using this mod with NEI.
I keep getting errors when using this mod with FTB.
- Pixelmon is completely incompatible with Not Enough Items, and therefore is also incompatible with Feed the Beast.

I'm making a custom map. How do I make specific Pokemon spawn in these designated locations?
How do I change what biome certain Pokemon spawn in?
- I'm afraid you cant.

How do you spawn Pokemon?
You should add Pokemon mob spawners!

- Instead of a block, Pokemon can be spawned with the commend "/pokespawn [Pokemon's name here]". To spawn shiny Pokemon, the command is "/pokespawn [Pokemon's name here] s".

Have EVs and IVs been implemented?
Have shiny Pokemon been implemented?
- Yes.

This attack doesn't work properly!
This attack is missing its effect!

- Not all attacks have been properly programmed in yet. We are working as fast as we can, and the problem will be resolved eventually.

How do I breed Pokemon?
How can I choose what generation of Pokemon I want to play with?
- This feature hasn't been added yet, but is planned and will be soon.
By GrayArbalest
#21267 Thank you for the contribution Airfoil! We'll help as many as we can. As a group working together for a common goal this should be one of our priorities. No matter if you're a developer, builder, modeler etc. We should all help each other out.
By Airfoil
#21268 I'm more than happy to help! I also added a few more Q&A to my previous post right before I saw you updated the original post and commented. Just making sure you saw them all :b

Can my pokemon grow?
A:No the size you get your pokemon will be its size for that evolution (they do grow when evolving though).

Also, not to be a bother, but I think this is worded strangely. When a Pygmy Bulbasaur evolves into an Ivysaur, it is still classified as Pygmy. The way this sentence is, it sounds like you're saying:
Pygmy Bulbasaur ---> Ordinary Ivysaur ---> Enormous Venasaur

I think it should sound similar to:

Can my Pokemon grow?
A: No. An abnormally small or large Pokemon will remain abnormal permanently. A Pokemon's size stat will even carry over after evolution.

Or something similar to that...I'm not sure if that sounds right either, as this is fairly difficult to word properly...
Adding an example might even be necessary.

I.E. A Pikachu that is smaller than normal will grow larger when it evolves into Riachu, but the Riachu will still be smaller than ordinary Riachus.
By GrayArbalest
Airfoil wrote:I'm more than happy to help! I also added a few more Q&A to my previous post right before I saw you updated the original post and commented. Just making sure you saw them all :b

Can my pokemon grow?
A:No the size you get your pokemon will be its size for that evolution (they do grow when evolving though).

Also, not to be a bother, but I think this is worded strangely. When a Pygmy Bulbasaur evolves into an Ivysaur, it is still classified as Pygmy. The way this sentence is, it sounds like you're saying:
Pygmy Bulbasaur ---> Ordinary Ivysaur ---> Enormous Venasaur

I think it should sound similar to:

Can my Pokemon grow?

Or something similar to that.

Alright fixed! Thanks for that. Hopefully when the mod gets into full swing people will actually read this post
By Airfoil
#21279 Great work keeping on top of this!

One last recommendation (completely unnecessary. Just an idea) would be to categorize the questions, and then put spoilers around them. That way, as the list grows, people can find the information they need much more efficiently.

I.E.:

Items Help:
Spoiler:
Where are fire/water/leaf/lightning
A: Fire stones are under lava in the overworld, water at the bottom of oceans/bodies of water, leaf stones in tree leaves (you'll know when you see it), lightning in mountain biomes, can usually be seen on the outside walls.

Masterballs? TMs?
A:Master balls along with TMs are dropped by boss pokemon.

Can I heal pokemon without a diamonds/healing table?
A: yes, if you sleep in a normal bed for a night.

How to craft pokeballs?
A: Hammer discs on anvil by left clicking with a hammer intill you get lids. Lid + button + lid= pokeball!
Check wiki for a in depth guide

Pokemon Help:
Spoiler:
Can my pokemon grow?
A:No. An abnormally small or large Pokemon will remain abnormal permanently. A Pokemon's size stat will even carry over after evolution.

Colored pokemon names!?
A:These are boss pokemon, they drop special loot. The order is Yellow, Red, Blue (Yellow dropping the most while blue drops the least).

Please add my favorite pokemon!
A: currently the team of Pixelmon is working on each generation. Please be patient.

Where do I find Mew?
A: Very rarely in the Jungle biome.

Pokemon in the End/Nether?
A: No Pixelmon related items/creatures have been implemented in the other dimensions.

Have IVs/EVs and shiny pokemon been implemented?

Attack not working properly!
Attack missing its effect!

A: Not all attacks have been properly programmed in yet. We are working as fast as we can, and the problem will be resolved eventually.

How do I breed pokemon?
A: This feature hasn't been added yet, but is planned and will be soon.

Programming and Modding Help:
Spoiler:
Errors with NEI/FTB!?
A:Pixelmon is incompatible with Not Enough Items which means its incompatible with Feed The Beast.

Making a custom map, can I make pokemon spawn in certain biomes/areas?
A: At this point no.

Doing this is just a suggestion though. I'm not sure if this will help or if it is implemented properly here.
To make it easier, I rearranged and did it myself with all the questions in the original post using your exact words, so you can just copy and paste what I have here if you want.

Don't worry, that is all I have to say right now. You can rest easy for the moment. :b
JOIN THE TEAM