Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By Castiel76
#186924 Hey guys! I'm new to the forums, also new to Pixelmon. I downloaded and installed it a couple days ago. Took me a bit to get it all working, but I managed to do so. I was playing it for hours yesterday with no issues at all. Once I tried playing it today, however, I managed to play for about 25 minutes before I noticed something was wrong.

I am still able to move around and destroy blocks, however blocks and items aren't dropping anymore. I throw an item away in my inventory and it disappears without dropping on the ground. When I try to close the game I get the error message, "Java(TM) Binary SE has stopped responding." When I load my game again it takes me to where I was when I started playing. I'm not even able to save.

I thought it might have to do with me also trying to add a texture mod with Pixelmon so I deleted those and brought it back to just having Pixelmon. No luck, I'm afraid. Still having the same issue. Not sure if this is relevant or not but my AMD Gaming Evolved app is finding the Java Binary SE as a game, for some reason.

I have a crash log here. I'm not able to read them as I'm not super tech savvy with this kind of stuff, hence why I'm here. I have set the game to use 3GB RAM. That's how I got Pixelmon running in the first place.

That's all the info I have for now. If you think you can help but need more info just let me know.

By Castiel76
#187364 From what I read, I was under the impression that OptiFine was needed in order for the mod to work. That could very well be the problem. I uninstalled and deleted everything, starting from scratch. It's working well now. Hopefully the same issue doesn't occur. The other possible problem I thought of was that, since I found this on a website listing the best mods and how to install them, they led me to the beta5 file. So I was using a version that is fairly outdated now.
By MrMasochism
#187533 The use of beta5 was more likely the issue than optifine. Optifine (at least some versions of it) works really well with pixelmon and shouldn't have been causing the issue you were having
By Castiel76
#187569 Thanks for the clarification MrMasochism. The game is running well now that I have the latest version (rookie mistake...). However, I noticed that I was playing and made a bunch of Pokeballs and looted a lot of Apricorns, Saved and turned off for the night, played again the next day and all the balls + apricorns were gone. Hopefully this isn't a recurring thing. If it is I'll probably settle for playing with cheats enabled so I can just spawn some every time I play.
JOIN THE TEAM