Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By ZabuzaMomochee
#185366 I have been trying to create a world for a friend to adventure through, however I have run into more hiccups than I can count at this point. I have given up on a few things but one final thing is still giving me problems:

I need skins to create the custom trainers, I know where the option is, I know where to get skins for my character but I cannot seem to figure out how to get skins on my custom trainer NPC's. I have done quite a bit of searching on the web, what I have found has told me to download the skins and place them in a customnpc folder which I do not have, one told me that NPC's can use my skins if I type "Custom_NP" I have tried this in the custom section for the Trainer, and in Commands but neither did anything other than give me a black character with purple arms.

Beyond that I have tried putting skins in my .minecraft/assets/skins file, and my .minecraft/recourcepacks file. Neither of which seemed to net me anything.

Other places I have posted have failed to give me any response and at this point I am running out of hope on ever figuring out how to get custom skins on my NPC's, any help is welcome.

By majesticmadman98
#185384 First create yourself a resource pack or edit a current one: http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Tutorial ... ource_pack

Create this path(Change as needed): C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\.pixelmon-beta\profiles\1\resourcepacks\RESOURCEPACK\assets\pixelmon\textures\steve

In the steve folder place your 64x64 skin: Lion.png

Re-load your resource pack in minecraft, and go to edit the trainer. Choose the steve model and use custom RP in the black box below enter the name of the skin (Not the extension) so in this case "Lion".

Leave the editor and it should work. Hope that helps
By ZabuzaMomochee
#185449 Thank you for the info, I am still have some difficulties but this has gotten me much further. If you don't mind answering a couple more questions for this modding novice:

I am using Minecraft 1.8.9 (Pixelmon 4.2.7, Journeymap, and Optifine)
It asks me to create an assets folder which I already have. I have created the pack.mcmeta file and placed it under recourse packs, but found something saying that should be in my assets folder??

How do I create that path? The path I followed stopped at Roaming, there doesn't appear to be a .pixelmon folder of any kind. Only Pixelmon related thing I could find was the .jar in my mods folder.

Thank you for the help so far >.<
By ZabuzaMomochee
#185494 Alright, running out of ideas. Wound up creating the pack.mcmeta file with 3 variations I found online. Each one finally got my "pack" to show up in Minecraft but they all said "Incompatible (Made for a newer version of Minecraft)" I tried finding the code for my 1.8.9 for a few hours trying the aforementioned 3 variations of it but nothing changed. With each one I tried using the "Incompatible" resource pack anyway and obviously that didn't work.

Any advice on where to go from here??
By majesticmadman98
#185557 Ok assuming you don't have the launcher, you want to go to C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\resourcepacks\RESOURCEPACK\assets\pixelmon\textures\steve

Here's a dropbox link, extract and put it in your resource pack folder. Then you can add your own.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/u1sd3mfhavloz ... 9.zip?dl=1

You can then use that example to make your own from scratch if you wanted. And I'm running 1.8.9 so that should work. If not let me know
JOIN THE TEAM