Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By Mufti
#184988 Hello there.

So, I recently downgraded my (working and running) 1.10.2 Pixelmon Server to MC Version 1.8.9, however, I have used the same method as when I installed the previous Server (And to double-check I have installed the 1.8.9 a bunch of times, before re-installing the 1.10.2 version again to see if it worked, which it did) and whenever I drag and drop Pixelmon 1.8.9 into the mods folder the Server just refuses to start.

I am using Nitrado on this one, but it does work with 1.10.2 so the issue is with the MOD itself, isn't it?

This is part of the LIVE-Console Nitrado offered after I threw Pixelmon on there and restarted the Server:

[08:56:08] [main/ERROR] [LaunchWrapper]: Unable to launch
java.lang.RuntimeException: java.awt.HeadlessException
at net.minecraftforge.fml.relauncher.CoreModManager$FMLPluginWrapper.injectIntoClassLoader(CoreModManager.java:161) ~[minecraft_server.jar:?]
A problem occurred running the Server launcher.
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:115) [launchwrapper-1.12.jar:?]
[08:56:12] [main/INFO] [LaunchWrapper]: Loading tweak class name net.minecraftforge.fml.common.launcher.FMLServerTweaker
[08:56:12] [main/INFO] [LaunchWrapper]: Using primary tweak class name net.minecraftforge.fml.common.launcher.FMLServerTweaker
[08:56:12] [main/INFO] [LaunchWrapper]: Calling tweak class net.minecraftforge.fml.common.launcher.FMLServerTweaker
2016-09-01 08:56:14,749 WARN Disabling terminal, you're running in an unsupported environment.
[08:56:15] [main/INFO] [FML]: Forge Mod Loader version 11.15.1.1794 for Minecraft 1.8.9 loading
[08:56:15] [main/INFO] [FML]: Java is Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM, version 1.7.0_71, running on Linux:amd64:4.4.15-nitradoV3-MC-1000-nH-dP-d-a, installed at /games/sources/files/jre1.7.0_71_64bit
[08:56:15] [main/WARN] [FML]: The coremod chylex.javacheck.Java8CheckerCoremod does not have a MCVersion annotation, it may cause issues with this version of Minecraft
[08:56:15] [main/INFO] [LaunchWrapper]: Loading tweak class name net.minecraftforge.fml.common.launcher.FMLInjectionAndSortingTweaker
[08:56:15] [main/INFO] [LaunchWrapper]: Loading tweak class name net.minecraftforge.fml.common.launcher.FMLDeobfTweaker
[08:56:15] [main/INFO] [LaunchWrapper]: Calling tweak class net.minecraftforge.fml.common.launcher.FMLInjectionAndSortingTweaker
[08:56:15] [main/INFO] [LaunchWrapper]: Calling tweak class net.minecraftforge.fml.common.launcher.FMLInjectionAndSortingTweaker
[08:56:15] [main/INFO] [LaunchWrapper]: Calling tweak class net.minecraftforge.fml.relauncher.CoreModManager$FMLPluginWrapper
Send command: save-all
Server not ready. Only select MCMA commands may be run.
Type '/help' to see available commands.
[08:56:18] [main/INFO] [FML]: Found valid fingerprint for Minecraft Forge. Certificate fingerprint e3c3d50c7c986df74c645c0ac54639741c90a557
[08:56:18] [main/INFO] [LaunchWrapper]: Calling tweak class net.minecraftforge.fml.relauncher.CoreModManager$FMLPluginWrapper
[08:56:18] [main/INFO] [LaunchWrapper]: Calling tweak class net.minecraftforge.fml.relauncher.CoreModManager$FMLPluginWrapper
[08:56:19] [main/ERROR] [FML]:
!! DO NOT REPORT !!
Pixelmon requires Java 1.8 or newer, you are using 1.7.0_71.
If you are running Windows you can
visit https://java.com/download/ for the latest version.
Send command: stop
Please, uninstall the old version first to prevent further issues.
Server not ready. Only select MCMA commands may be run.
Type '/help' to see available commands.
If you are running OSX Lion (10.7) or newer, Please use the following launcher
http://launcher.mojang.com/download/Min ... taging.dmg
!! DO NOT REPORT !!
[08:56:19] [main/ERROR] [LaunchWrapper]: Unable to launch
java.lang.RuntimeException: java.awt.HeadlessException
at net.minecraftforge.fml.relauncher.CoreModManager$FMLPluginWrapper.injectIntoClassLoader(CoreModManager.java:161) ~[minecraft_server.jar:?]
A problem occurred running the Server launcher.
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:115) [launchwrapper-1.12.jar:?]
Error : Server failed to start 5 times. Not automatically restarting.

There seem to be quite a few Java errors but 1) Why would it have Java Errors with 1.8.9, but not with 1.10.2 and 2) How do I fix those, since the server uses Nitrado's provided Java?
Oh and 3) You guys see anything else that needs fixing here?

By MoeBoy76
#185044 You need to tell your server host they need to update to a supported Java, the reason you can start 1.10.2 is due to the removal of our Java 8 checker but it would surely crash at some point due to us utilising Java 8 functions
JOIN THE TEAM