Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By MaximusLi
#184369 Hello.

I already posted about this as a bug to the bug tracker, and thought it only had to do with my Shiny Slowpoke, but apparently it affects a lot more Pokémon than I had assumed. So I'm using the newest Beta for 10.0.2.

So it all started when I leveled up my Slowpoke by beating a boss, and then the evolution screen popped up. But I received no message about Slowpoke evolving, nor did any sort of animation play. What's more, I could move and teleport during that screen, but was still stuck on that screen (if it makes sense).

Well the update came and Some Body wrote that my issue was fixed in the new update, and that it was a problem with Pokémon not evolving after boss battles. Fair enough. I booted up my Pixelmon, updated the game, and my Slowpoke evolved with a rare candy... But I received no Slowbro entry in my Pokedex. Fine, I thought, I'll just catch one. No biggie.

Then I decided it was time to evolve other Pokémon I had. So I evolved one Pokémon and thought "Yay no problems anymore". Then I went on to evolve Rattata... Got it to the appropriate level, got the evolution animation to play, got the message to pop up, everything looked fine, except that my (FPV) character sprite ('s hand with the item I was holding at that time) was still on the screen. But this had happened before when I evolved the other poke. Rattata evolved, the sprite changed and the summary page also displayed Raticate. But then I released Raticate and got Rattata instead... The sprite and name was still Raticate. I did it again, same thing. Then I waited and in a few seconds the sprite and the poke reverted back to the Rattata sprite.

"Fine, I'll release this one and go catch myself a legit Raticate."
I did, and thought that was just a temporary glitch.
Meowth evolved no problem though. But Pikachu on the other hand? That Thunder Stone I worked so hard for? Well... The same thing happened as with Rattata. "Pokegive to the rescue then I suppose..."

I got another Poke to evolve every once in awhile and during the other times I had to Pokegive myself.

The last culprit was Horsea and Seadra, and that was the turning point for me. I really wanted to raise a Horsea properly, and started fearing "What if this happens to my Shiny Gastly?" It would be a pain to first raise the Poke up properly only to have it all crumble down at the evolution screen.

Furthermore, my original Rattata was actually replaced by the shiny Slowpoke that I had just evolved, when I changed places between the evolved Shiny Slowbro and the Rattata. My Yanma also replaced someone (who evolved normally, btw).

Has anyone else experienced anything like this? Is the player sprite the culprit? What can I do? What should I do? Should I list every time this happens from now on, and the Pokemon?

Please help, someone.

IDK if it's a version bug actually, so I decided to post it here.

By MrMasochism
#184444 Always post this sort of thing as a bug report. And while you are giving us lots of overall information you are giving us very little incidental info.
By MaximusLi
#184474 All right, I'll post it as a bug report.

Just the last time I did, I never got an answer and it was just marked as "solved in the next patch".

If my post wasn't informative enough, just telling me "You're not giving the right type of information" won't help me give, well, you know, the right type of information. Could you please explain what type of info would be useful? Do you need my logs? Do I need to tell you something else about what happened?

I'm trying to have a conversation about this, and find out if there's something I could do. That's all :)
By MrMasochism
#184641 If we are having issues solving a bug report then we reply on the issue asking for more information. If a bug report is marked closed we believe we have fixed it for the next release. Some times the same bug can appear in another form however or we mistakenly think we have got it done. Just reopen the request for the next version and we'll look further into it
JOIN THE TEAM