Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.

Which spawning method is your favourite?

51%
49%
By ZyniX
#184051 The only drawback I see to the new system is finding low level versions of pokemon in order to get unique abilities they obtain while leveling. If a biome they spawn in isn't near the starting area you'd have to breed them. Level 80 bellsprouts? lol

By SigCorps
#184088 I personally prefer the by distance from spawn, this was I can always know where I can level effectively. Though for adventure maps I get the idea, though I would think most of them could easily take advantage of that so as you progress in the map...and further from spawn, the pixelmon get higher level.
By ninjasquirrel220
#184206 I like the new idea but what if u have to go like 1000 blocks for a new biome. I spent 15 minutes looking for 1 biome by just going one direction. I do not want to finally find it and find like level 92 majikarps. If u combined the 2 features, like an average of how far away u were. Like no mater how far u are u can still find level 7's, but there would be a higher chance for higher levels or even bosses to spawn. :-)
By bvanseghi
#184214 Having distance based leveling as the default can have serious drawbacks.
1). High-level Pixelmon in new biomes will be hard to catch.
2). Finding naturally occurring high-level Pixelmon such as Braviary close to spawn would be impossible. It wouldn't make sense to stumble upon a level 30 Braviary.

@Ninjasquirrel220 has the right idea. Higher level Pokemon should only be more common the farther away from spawn you go. Kudos to you for that, Ninjasquirrel220.
By Sshawarma
#184588 ninga has the right idea. Make it both random, but make that random avg level go up the farther out you go. Maybe both modifiers can be changed in the config. For example, the avg level around spawn can be 15, with a deviance of 10. A thousand blocks from spawn, the avg can cap off at say 60, with a deviance of 30. This way, you can still find low level pokemon in new areas, but higher levels will occur more commonly farther out. I do not think chunk based leveling is a good idea, as people may start farming certain chunks....
By BlueRose
Pokenerd8 wrote:my main issue with the level by radius is while it does make sense to start near lower level pokemon, however once you reach a certain distance all pokemon will only continue to be the same level. so going to a certain point you will only find level 100 pokemon going out

^ This sums up the issues i had with it
PotatoPc wrote:Of the two it depends if the stronger-by-distance means that you find pokemon in range of 1-[difficulty] or if it is around [difficulty] level. if its the case that the difficulty is the max level you find and that you always can find low level pokemon (just more common close to spawn), i think that would be the best. otherwise id prefer the old system.

^and this pretty much sums up the original suggestion i had for it

I was looking forward to beta 6 for this new type of spawning pokemon, but when i realized that (at default) all you need to do is travel about 3k blocks in one direction to see nothing but level 100s it kinda deterred me. And raising the block ratio for levels by too much makes the scaleing of pokemon happen VERY slowly.

My other suggestion would be like the normal spawn mechanics BUT with a distance restriction. What i mean is it will still try to spawn all pokemon normally BUT if it tries to spawn like a level 32 arbok right next to spawn it would check for the distance and be like this zones max level spawnable pokemon should be 15 or less and either; reroll that spawn untill it gets a pokemon who fits the biome and is level 15 or less, or Keep the arbok and just roll a random number from 5-15 (this option would lead to some weird poke spawns though cause there shouldnt be a level 6 arbok in the wild), or just erase that one instance of a spawn (but this could lead to very few pokemon spawning in certain areas).

And the main reason i suggest this is because im not interested in straight scaling of difficulty (meaning at 200 blocks i find roughly only level 15s but at 1000 blocks i find mainly only 35s or something 2k blocks only levels 80 etc). I just want the original areas to be safer to give people an easier time getting started, but also not have guaranteed areas to find high level pokemon. Cause the highest level wild pokemon ive ever seen was a 70 and the other highests were like 64-68ish and i think thats balanced cause you still have to train them a good bit to get to 100.
By Geodude671
My other suggestion would be like the normal spawn mechanics BUT with a distance restriction. What i mean is it will still try to spawn all pokemon normally BUT if it tries to spawn like a level 32 arbok right next to spawn it would check for the distance and be like this zones max level spawnable pokemon should be 15 or less and either; reroll that spawn untill it gets a pokemon who fits the biome and is level 15 or less, or Keep the arbok and just roll a random number from 5-15 (this option would lead to some weird poke spawns though cause there shouldnt be a level 6 arbok in the wild)

Anecdotal, but from my experience on my Beta 6 server, Pokemon spawn at the appropriate evolution stage for their level. The spawn area, a plains, spawns low-level Ekans, and the Savanna where I have my base spawns Arbok at around level 40. I never see Ekans in the Savanna, and I never see Arbok at the spawn.
JOIN THE TEAM