Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By JurroRath
#21598 I understand that, but these things take time. You're acting as though they'll never be done or that there's very few people who're willing to do them. There's bound to be plenty of people, and besides, it's not like we're aiming to get every pokemon in all at once- it might take a year or so for certain pokemon to get it, but other pokemon will get done in the meanwhile and as long as there's a decent stream of pokemon being added or updated each release, I don't really see the problem.

They will get done, they'll just get done after several others, which is what happened while we had focused on generation 1 anyway- the likes of growlithe, dratini, pidgey etc were done early, while lesser liked pokemon are only just getting finished. By allowing all the generations, this gives us a much wider selection for people to choose from, which means more pokemon getting done, and it also encourages more modellers to start modelling who can potentially end up doing lesser liked pokemon. It'll take a while, but at least there won't be as many or as severe long droughts with no models being made like there was before. Which, I personally think is a bigger issue- I'd rather models of pokemon everyone likes are done repeatedly rather than nothing getting done, because then at least something is happening, as any model is good experience for the modeller who can later go on to do pokemon that aren't yet done.

By kungfumidget
JurroRath wrote:I understand that, but these things take time. You're acting as though they'll never be done or that there's very few people who're willing to do them. There's bound to be plenty of people, and besides, it's not like we're aiming to get every pokemon in all at once- it might take a year or so for certain pokemon to get it, but other pokemon will get done in the meanwhile and as long as there's a decent stream of pokemon being added or updated each release, I don't really see the problem.

They will get done, they'll just get done after several others, which is what happened while we had focused on generation 1 anyway- the likes of growlithe, dratini, pidgey etc were done early, while lesser liked pokemon are only just getting finished. By allowing all the generations, this gives us a much wider selection for people to choose from, which means more pokemon getting done, and it also encourages more modellers to start modelling who can potentially end up doing lesser liked pokemon. It'll take a while, but at least there won't be as many or as severe long droughts with no models being made like there was before. Which, I personally think is a bigger issue- I'd rather models of pokemon everyone likes are done repeatedly rather than nothing getting done, because then at least something is happening, as any model is good experience for the modeller who can later go on to do pokemon that aren't yet done.

I get what you mean but to be honest the only reason there has been slow amounts of models being pushed out is because the models suddenly got stepped up a gear like with this kangaskhan it is a huge model with a lot of detail.. Back when this mod started I could have literally put like 15 blocks together and a ok texture and passed it off but its changed no its gonna be like 100+ cubes ..... And yeh they will eventually get done I know that but we will just have a huge inflation of popular models without any of the lesser ones unril someone can be arsed ...... Its not gonna be like hmm 500 pokemon to choose from.. I know I will model Bidoof
By JurroRath
#21604 True, our higher standards have increased the difficulty modellers have getting a model in-game, which does slow down progress by quite a bit. As I said before, I don't quite see the problem with more popular pokemon getting modelled a lot, because at least something's happening, and any model is worth something, even if it's just the experience on how to use Techne and pull a few tricks. As long as there's models being made period, it doesn't really matter to me what's getting done. That's just my opinion though I suppose.
By SPG
JurroRath wrote:I played Ocarina of Time recently and couldn't understand why everyone hated Navi so much, so

she comes up every half a second and annoys the crap out of you with her voice, fi is more annoying though because you have no choice but to talk to her when she wants to say something stupid
By JurroRath
SPG wrote:
JurroRath wrote:I played Ocarina of Time recently and couldn't understand why everyone hated Navi so much, so

she comes up every half a second and annoys the crap out of you with her voice, fi is more annoying though because you have no choice but to talk to her when she wants to say something stupid

Neither of them annoyed me- I thought Navi was cute and Fi is one of my favorite characters in the entire franchise. I suppose it's annoying after you've played the game several times and already know what to do, but even still, I've played and beaten Skyward Sword three times in the past few months and plan to do a Hero Mode run soonish [after finally finishing this run of Twilight Princess I've been putting off in favor of SS], and was never annoyed by Fi. There were times when I went NO SHIT whenever she popped up, such as the one room in The Ancient Cistern where you first get a glance at the chest with the boss key. She pops up after the intro cutscene clearly shows you the chest and you can see it from where you're standing, yet she still feels the need to pop up and point it out. Even on my first playthrough, I ended up facepalming. Tbh though, I found those moments more funny than annoying, even now just remembering that is making me giggle, and she actually helped me a lot on my first playthrough [well, not on bosses, the Imprisoned can go die in a fucking rock pit].

Unlike Midna who, just for me personally, is only saved by her great personality. Never gonna forgive her for not helping me through the Snowpeak Ruins. 'How do I get to this key?' 'You need to get the key.' 'Okay, how.' 'You need to get the key.' 'I know that, how the fuck do I get there.' 'You need to get the key.' 'RFJXXTJ.'. I ended up wandering that dungeon for a good hour or two before finally figuring it out ffff. Even that though, as annoying as it was, I can still look back on and laugh, and even immidently after it happened, I was just more amused by it than anything, it was only while I was stuck that I was annoyed. So, I dunno. Maybe I'm just someone who has trouble hating partner characters or characters people find annoying or something.

Hell, I don't even mind Tingle [even if he's a bit of a douche in Wind Waker], so, that probably says a lot.
By kungfumidget
JurroRath wrote:True, our higher standards have increased the difficulty modellers have getting a model in-game, which does slow down progress by quite a bit. As I said before, I don't quite see the problem with more popular pokemon getting modelled a lot, because at least something's happening, and any model is worth something, even if it's just the experience on how to use Techne and pull a few tricks. As long as there's models being made period, it doesn't really matter to me what's getting done. That's just my opinion though I suppose.

We need it to be balanced throughout it will suck if we have loads of cool pokemon without the balance of worse pokemon, it just won't look right. You don't start a pokemon game and have all the cool or all the worse pokemon come at you, its mixture (obviously opinion takes place) but you get the low level route pokemon and some cool ones.
By karrybird
kungfumidget wrote:We need it to be balanced throughout it will suck if we have loads of cool pokemon without the balance of worse pokemon, it just won't look right. You don't start a pokemon game and have all the cool or all the worse pokemon come at you, its mixture (obviously opinion takes place) but you get the low level route pokemon and some cool ones.

sigh...like i said, i will be making a bunch of the lesser liked pokemon because those are my favorites!
By kungfumidget
karrybird wrote:
kungfumidget wrote:We need it to be balanced throughout it will suck if we have loads of cool pokemon without the balance of worse pokemon, it just won't look right. You don't start a pokemon game and have all the cool or all the worse pokemon come at you, its mixture (obviously opinion takes place) but you get the low level route pokemon and some cool ones.

sigh...like i said, i will be making a bunch of the lesser liked pokemon because those are my favorites!

You wont be able to do the huge amount of lesser pokemon that people dont like, theres gonna be a lot and you will want to do all of the good pokemon and a lot of people would like to see you do them
By Tom_X
karrybird wrote:

Hey, if there's people willing to do the lesser liked pokemons, there's not so much trouble into letting everyone do their fav Pokemon...
By karrybird
kungfumidget wrote:You wont be able to do the huge amount of lesser pokemon that people dont like, theres gonna be a lot and you will want to do all of the good pokemon and a lot of people would like to see you do them

you must not be familiar with how i work. :D
i hate mainstream, i hate the popular pokemon (thus is why i utterly despise charizard and pikachu). i'd prefer to stick to making yanma and burmy since i find them adorable, yet other people hate them with a fiery passion.

also, if i'm free to make the pokemon i want, i'm not gonna let people force me to make their favorites. especially if i don't like them, because i hate making pokemon i don't like. (getting through this gen was such a chore...)
JOIN THE TEAM