Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By karrybird
#21161
KuryoZT wrote:you say that, but isn't there already gen5 pokemon in the mod? archen and its evolution are in, so should we take them out until gen6 is released?

NO NO NO
a hundred times NO
without archen in the game, i would be very sad.

and please, why is this even an issue? why can't we just make the pokemon we want after this gen? going in order is so stupid. i bet about half of gen 2 nobody cares about, nobody will want every pokemon that's in it.
there's already pokemon from later gens in, this "messy" kinda thing you guys are talking about makes no sense. and i'm not waiting several years to get to gen 5 pokemon, 'cause you guys know that's how long it will take to get through all these things. and the amount of lag this extreme number of pokemon will cause? my god, my computer will never survive...
By pikachuguy
#21167 I agree. Why go in order! I mean, the only Pokémon that are really necessary are the Kanto ones, the others are not as important. I mean, there's only about 4 Unova Pokémon, and only a few more Hoenn, not to mention a few Johto and no Sinnoh. If there is already a random assortment, why go in order? I just hope that there are some Sinnoh Pokémon soon. Giratina would look so cool!
By kungfumidget
#21169
karrybird wrote:
KuryoZT wrote:you say that, but isn't there already gen5 pokemon in the mod? archen and its evolution are in, so should we take them out until gen6 is released?

NO NO NO
a hundred times NO
without archen in the game, i would be very sad.

and please, why is this even an issue? why can't we just make the pokemon we want after this gen? going in order is so stupid. i bet about half of gen 2 nobody cares about, nobody will want every pokemon that's in it.
there's already pokemon from later gens in, this "messy" kinda thing you guys are talking about makes no sense. and i'm not waiting several years to get to gen 5 pokemon, 'cause you guys know that's how long it will take to get through all these things. and the amount of lag this extreme number of pokemon will cause? my god, my computer will never survive...


Thats the exact point people dont like half of gen 2 so will NEVER make them unless they have to (Which comes into play the do gens in order) and there are going to end up being all the pokemon one day so yeh.
By kungfumidget
#21170
pikachuguy wrote:I agree. Why go in order! I mean, the only Pokémon that are really necessary are the Kanto ones, the others are not as important. I mean, there's only about 4 Unova Pokémon, and only a few more Hoenn, not to mention a few Johto and no Sinnoh. If there is already a random assortment, why go in order? I just hope that there are some Sinnoh Pokémon soon. Giratina would look so cool!


We have added them so there are more fossils and the evolutions .... also the few that dont fit that category were made before the rule was in place.
User avatar
By KuryoZT
#21175 Karry, please calm yourself. You not liking gen2 doesn't mean all here thinks that way too. For example I love gen2, of course I still want modelers to do what they want, but sometimes some of the "least liked" pokemon should be done still, because there are some that might like them.
By kungfumidget
#21177 I dont mind either way, I just think it would be so much cleaner and ordered doing in gens because it will eventually get all the pokemon done and at a good level, because the other idea is just gonna leave left over pokemon .... and I personally like all the gens but 3rd gen least so I dont mind.
User avatar
By KuryoZT
#21181
kungfumidget wrote:I dont mind either way, I just think it would be so much cleaner and ordered doing in gens because it will eventually get all the pokemon done and at a good level, because the other idea is just gonna leave left over pokemon .... and I personally like all the gens but 3rd gen least so I dont mind.

That's the main argument in favor of "gen per gen", the main for "whatever you want" is what karry said: the ones that aren't much liked will just slow the overall process", but since I love gen2, I of course favor GPG, but it will inevitably be a poll, so we'll see the result then, let's finish this gen!!!
By karrybird
#21187
KuryoZT wrote:Karry, please calm yourself. You not liking gen2 doesn't mean all here thinks that way too. For example I love gen2, of course I still want modelers to do what they want, but sometimes some of the "least liked" pokemon should be done still, because there are some that might like them.

oh hush, it's not that i don't like gen 2, in fact i never outright said that in my argument! my main gripe is that i have to wait a really long time to get to the ones i really like!
and by the time they finally do come around, the lag would be so unbearable due to the sheer number of mobs in the game.
and who knows, what if this mod doesn't even make it that far? i want to be able to enjoy the later pokes now rather than hope that this mod keeps updating by the time we get to them!
By Vikerus
#21188 Man. Speculation can really stir up a storm. :D

I think we should just stick to gen by gen. With some exceptions to legendary and Evo lines.
By kungfumidget
#21189
karrybird wrote:
KuryoZT wrote:Karry, please calm yourself. You not liking gen2 doesn't mean all here thinks that way too. For example I love gen2, of course I still want modelers to do what they want, but sometimes some of the "least liked" pokemon should be done still, because there are some that might like them.

oh hush, it's not that i don't like gen 2, in fact i never outright said that in my argument! my main gripe is that i have to wait a really long time to get to the ones i really like!
and by the time they finally do come around, the lag would be so unbearable due to the sheer number of mobs in the game.
and who knows, what if this mod doesn't even make it that far? i want to be able to enjoy the later pokes now rather than hope that this mod keeps updating by the time we get to them!


It won't take that long, as more pokemon are added, more people start modelling .... And its not like we are gonna have. A spawn limite of 30 on land for first gen then when second gen is added it will be 60 ...... It will have to be a limited number anyway so there won't be any lag.
JOIN THE TEAM