Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By Jack_Attack12
karrybird wrote:
kungfumidget wrote:You wont be able to do the huge amount of lesser pokemon that people dont like, theres gonna be a lot and you will want to do all of the good pokemon and a lot of people would like to see you do them

you must not be familiar with how i work. :D
i hate mainstream, i hate the popular pokemon (thus is why i utterly despise charizard and pikachu). i'd prefer to stick to making yanma and burmy since i find them adorable, yet other people hate them with a fiery passion.

also, if i'm free to make the pokemon i want, i'm not gonna let people force me to make their favorites. especially if i don't like them, because i hate making pokemon i don't like. (getting through this gen was such a chore...)

Your like me! I love the pokemon other people hate, E.g Buizel, bidoof, mr.mime, jynx! I dont know why people hate them! there cute/exiting. If we do get to do the pokemon we want i will probably start to model because i know no one will do the ones i like... *cough*buizel*cough*

By kungfumidget
#21894 I like them but I know they wont get done, its wont happen... you said yourself (karry) that whats the point in having the non liked pokemon if we have the favourites its just my opinion.
By JurroRath
#22005 They will get done, I wish you'd stop assuming they won't. They may not get done immidiantly, but they will get done. There are plenty of people who like less popular pokemon, as this thread proves quite well.
By kungfumidget
#22140 I just feel there is going to be a very big inbalance for a long time, I'm just thinking of the downside I don't mind, I'd rather do my favourites, Axew, joltik, dialga .... And we would have so many more legendaries ... But the lesser ones won't get done for quite some time
By perkhaze
#22144 I grew up playing all red and blue but that being said I do like the other gens (played them all) but at the same time I feel like if we let modelers make w.e they want from w.e Gen then they would come out faster BC they would have more to choose from instead of whatever is left over which is kinda how it feels now
By Roark196
#26359 This may not be the place for my opinion but, what if Gen 2 was the priority, and if there are complete, and consistent evolutionary lines of other Pokemon, the could be added. It would appeal to both sides: Having an order for Generations, but let the others have a bit of freedom to put their best effort into what they love.
By I_master_mind_I
#28560 I prefer the idea where gen 2 must be finished before but there should be some exceptions for legendaries evolution line and especially excellent models. when you think about it if gen 2 becomes a requirement more people would feel a rush and try finishing it early; however, there is an insane amount of water types and a limited dragon typing so there should be a loose enforcement on limited types and a strict ruling on abundant types and
By Jack_Attack12
I_master_mind_I wrote:I prefer the idea where gen 2 must be finished before but there should be some exceptions for legendaries evolution line and especially excellent models. when you think about it if gen 2 becomes a requirement more people would feel a rush and try finishing it early; however, there is an insane amount of water types and a limited dragon typing so there should be a loose enforcement on limited types and a strict ruling on abundant types and

A rush to get it finished? Look how well that worked out for gen 1.
By lugiaisbeast101
#28805 All right, we should just model whatever we want, but have the main priority to be gen 2 (After gen 1). I would love to model Pokémon of my own free choice, such as legendaries, and rare Pokémon which are of my preference. This will ultimately lead to a constant amount of Pokémon being made. There are flaws with this method such as modeling complicated Pokémon, know one wants to do them and it will take longer to be finished, but they will be done all in time for those who are up for it.

If we have the method we are using now, we would have certain Pokémon to do and people will eventually get to the more complicated one's. However, it won't flourish like the idea majority will most likely vote for, and people will get so tired of doing set Pokémon, they will start to redo Pokémon. Redoing them is always good, don't get me wrong, but many people will continue to do them and won't even care for the Pokémon needing modeled. Thus, making the work of coding the in-game useless if the redoes get frequently approved, even to the point of banning anything to do with that specific Pokémon.

There should not be any huge reason not to model any gen besides 6, because it's not like the Mr. M and what not are going to go out of there way and create each route and region one by one for the Pokémon. If you're going for completion, the best way is to let everyone do what Pokémon they desire. I personally love some rare and ugly Pokémon, so I would model them, and everyone else will do what Pokémon they admire, like Kary doing the adorable less liked Pokémon. At the moment, I did Poliwrath because it's one of the Pokémon not many looked at, and I don't even like Poliwrath, which is why I'm not giving any full potential to it, people give more to something the more they like it, well, in most cases.

I acknowledge that there will be a poll when gen 1 is over and I have a feeling which would have more votes, but I just wanted to put this out there, even though I know people will either agree or disagree with me.
By jeremy58589721
#31684 once Gen 1 is finished and you guys start putting in other gens... how will starters be handled? i mean will there be a option to scroll through all the starter types.. all the grass/water/fire starters via arrow buttons? or will you just add them onto the list? or will there not be a option to choose any other starter gens? and just have to hunt for them in the wild?
JOIN THE TEAM