Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.

By karrybird
#21549 question, why do we need the pokemon that nobody likes? if nobody likes them, nobody will care enough to catch them once they get in the mod. that right there sounds like a waste of coding, and time that could be spent on ones people actually like.

take farfetch'd for example, no one likes it, no one will bother to catch it either since it's practically useless in battle. the only use i could find to fighting one is exp and food. but it doesn't even drop any which completely goes against its pokedex entry stating that it was hunted to near extinction because it's a delicacy.
By SPG
karrybird wrote:question, why do we need the pokemon that nobody likes? if nobody likes them, nobody will care enough to catch them once they get in the mod. that right there sounds like a waste of coding, and time that could be spent on ones people actually like.

take farfetch'd for example, no one likes it, no one will bother to catch it either since it's practically useless in battle. the only use i could find to fighting one is exp and food. but it doesn't even drop any which completely goes against its pokedex entry stating that it was hunted to near extinction because it's a delicacy.

it would be for completionists sake
By JurroRath
#21570 Well, this turned into a rather heated debate. Looking forward to seeing how that poll turns out. Just gonna throw my two cents in the ring, you can take it or leave it;

I personally agree with Mr. M that we should be allowed to do whatever pokemon we want after gen 1 is over- sticking to just one generation hasn't gone so well for us, and we seemed to complete a lot more models in a shorter amount of time back when we were allowed to model anything we wanted. But at the same time, our standards and techniques were really really low back then as well, so it's hard to really judge for sure, we'll just have to see I suppose.

I do share Kungfu's worry of people not making the harder/lesser liked pokemon, but then again, we have to take into account that not everyone likes and dislikes the same pokemon. Sure, there are those that are generally lesser liked amongst the community and others that everyone loves. But just as an example, I don't care much for Arcanine. Yeah it's an giant awesome looking dog with really good stats, but I've never been able to use it well in battle and just don't care as much for the design as I used to. Nidoking suffers much the same fate, and same for Honchkrow. They're still nice, but the are others whom I like a lot more. Meanwhile, I absolutely adore the likes of Stunfisk [happy derpy fish], Yanmega [fucking metal bug of doom, plus, Yanma completely kicked ass on my Colosseum team], Mismagius [witch ghost. That is just, perfect], Crobat [this one seems to be gaining popularity, which makes me happy], Chandelure [GHOST CHANDELIER. I DON'T EVEN] Golurk [ghost/ground golem. How do people not like these pokemon I just they're so fucking weird <3], Jellicent [PRINGLESFISH], Bidoof [yes, I actually like this little guy. I never saw why people hate him so much? Then again, I played Ocarina of Time recently and couldn't understand why everyone hated Navi so much, so, maybe there's just something I'm missing.] etc etc. I could list a bunch of others, but I'd just end up reviewing all the pokemon if that ended up happening so I'll stop.

Point is, everyone's got different tastes on which pokemon are good and which are bad, so yes, while there are pokemon that will not be done for a long time, they will in fact, get done eventually, either by a kind soul like Sundial who's willing to do it for the sake of completion, or by someone like me who just legitimately likes the pokemon.

So overall, I don't think it's a legitimate worry. At least, not in the long term. In the short term? Yeah, once gen 1 gets done, it's just gonna be an explosion of everyone's favorite pokemon and we'll likely have to put up a million polls because everyone just keeps doing the same ones. We might even have to disallow people from working on pokemon that just keep getting done repeatedly, if it just gets that bad. After a few months though, that should calm down and they'll start to work on other pokemon, not to mention all the new people who'll come in and likely do their own favorite pokemon as well as others they feel need to get done.
By kungfumidget
JurroRath wrote:Well, this turned into a rather heated debate. Looking forward to seeing how that poll turns out. Just gonna throw my two cents in the ring, you can take it or leave it;

I personally agree with Mr. M that we should be allowed to do whatever pokemon we want after gen 1 is over- sticking to just one generation hasn't gone so well for us, and we seemed to complete a lot more models in a shorter amount of time back when we were allowed to model anything we wanted. But at the same time, our standards and techniques were really really low back then as well, so it's hard to really judge for sure, we'll just have to see I suppose.

I do share Kungfu's worry of people not making the harder/lesser liked pokemon, but then again, we have to take into account that not everyone likes and dislikes the same pokemon. Sure, there are those that are generally lesser liked amongst the community and others that everyone loves. But just as an example, I don't care much for Arcanine. Yeah it's an giant awesome looking dog with really good stats, but I've never been able to use it well in battle and just don't care as much for the design as I used to. Nidoking suffers much the same fate, and same for Honchkrow. They're still nice, but the are others whom I like a lot more. Meanwhile, I absolutely adore the likes of Stunfisk [happy derpy fish], Yanmega [fucking metal bug of doom, plus, Yanma completely kicked ass on my Colosseum team], Mismagius [witch ghost. That is just, perfect], Crobat [this one seems to be gaining popularity, which makes me happy], Chandelure [GHOST CHANDELIER. I DON'T EVEN] Golurk [ghost/ground golem. How do people not like these pokemon I just they're so fucking weird <3], Jellicent [PRINGLESFISH], Bidoof [yes, I actually like this little guy. I never saw why people hate him so much? Then again, I played Ocarina of Time recently and couldn't understand why everyone hated Navi so much, so, maybe there's just something I'm missing.] etc etc. I could list a bunch of others, but I'd just end up reviewing all the pokemon if that ended up happening so I'll stop.

Point is, everyone's got different tastes on which pokemon are good and which are bad, so yes, while there are pokemon that will not be done for a long time, they will in fact, get done eventually, either by a kind soul like Sundial who's willing to do it for the sake of completion, or by someone like me who just legitimately likes the pokemon.

So overall, I don't think it's a legitimate worry. At least, not in the long term. In the short term? Yeah, once gen 1 gets done, it's just gonna be an explosion of everyone's favorite pokemon and we'll likely have to put up a million polls because everyone just keeps doing the same ones. We might even have to disallow people from working on pokemon that just keep getting done repeatedly, if it just gets that bad. After a few months though, that should calm down and they'll start to work on other pokemon, not to mention all the new people who'll come in and likely do their own favorite pokemon as well as others they feel need to get done.

You make very good points, and besides I agree with both sides, I just think that there will be a good 100 that dont get done or are left on like 5 people. .... and we need all of the pokemon because its not exactly pokemon without them, you need the derpy ones so the others look badass... every generation they have the boring ones most people dont catch... e.g bidoof, zigzagoon and some others but they still add them into the games it makes the game the game, It cant be 'Pixelmon the greatest pokemon minecraft mod ever (except we didnt wanna do the pokemon that were boring cause we already added the cool ones)' imma jus'sayin ;)
By kungfumidget
#21592 No one will do them apart from a couple of people which will make the progress slow down.... But yeah remember guys I'm just finding the floors, I'm don't really care what happens ;P
By Sundial_MC
#21593 All of the above.
Ok, it'd be great to have these powerful, fashionable or liked pokemon in the game, but Pokemon will never be pokemon without these 'route 1' Pokemon in, and plus, we also do need more lvl 5 under pokemon
By karrybird
kungfumidget wrote:You make very good points, and besides I agree with both sides, I just think that there will be a good 100 that dont get done or are left on like 5 people. .... and we need all of the pokemon because its not exactly pokemon without them, you need the derpy ones so the others look badass... every generation they have the boring ones most people dont catch... e.g bidoof, zigzagoon and some others but they still add them into the games it makes the game the game, It cant be 'Pixelmon the greatest pokemon minecraft mod ever (except we didnt wanna do the pokemon that were boring cause we already added the cool ones)' imma jus'sayin ;)

ok, disregarding what i said earlier, i actually wanted to make zigzagoon and bidoof and cricketot and more first route pokemon.

i atually like a lot of the lesser liked pokemon like larvesta and slugma and more like that. so i wouldn't be doing the popular pokemon like lucario. so i guess i would help in balancing it all out the way i would.
JOIN THE TEAM