Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By mystic121
#179047 So im trying to make a server for me and my friends and im using the method just downloading the files with forge and manually putting it in the files and when im done and run the Run.bat it just instantly closes without even opening it just flashes and im assuming thats the only way to get it going with the mod because if i try to just click the server when i go into the server its just vanilla. I dont know what to do thanks in advance!!!

Also is it possible to make a server using the Pixelmon launcher? because i cant figure out how to get the server running without it being vanilla. if it is possible is there a tutorial link somewhere?

By Wreko
#179112 When posting msgs. like this it helps to provide data, the crash report or even screen messages to help give as focused a reply as possible. Whats in your run.bat for instance?

Here's a basic guide to getting a pixelmon server up and running on the current sponge and forge releases (when you ignore the recommended version in the download page :/)

1. download http://files.minecraftforge.net/maven/n ... er-win.exe then run, select install server
2. install server to folder e.g. C:\pixelmonserver
3. browse to C:\pixelmonserver
4. run minecraft_server.1.8.9.jar then exit
5. close then edit and save eula.txt changing eula=false to eula=true
6. run minecraft_server.1.8.9.jar once again then exit
7. customize server.properties as necessary.
7. run forge-1.8.9-11.15.1.1902-1.8.9-universal.jar then stop and exit
8. download and save http://files.minecraftforge.net/maven/o ... A-1572.jar to c:\pixelmonserver\mods
9. download pixelmon 4.2.7 - 1.8.9 - Recommended from downloads.php and save jar file to c:\pixelmonserver\mods
10. run forge-1.8.9-11.15.1.1902-1.8.9-universal.jar
11. enjoy pixelmon server, nb. to add more mods and spongeplugins to c:\pixelmonserver\mods

here's a simple run.bat copy and save to c:\pixelmonserver
@echo off
echo %cd%>"%temp%\serverpath.txt"
set /P serverpath=<"%temp%\serverpath.txt"
cd /d "%serverpath%"
FOR /F "tokens=*" %%M IN ('dir /b ^"forge*.jar^"') DO java.exe -jar %%M -nogui
pause
exit
By mystic121
Wreko wrote:When posting msgs. like this it helps to provide data, the crash report or even screen messages to help give as focused a reply as possible. Whats in your run.bat for instance?

Here's a basic guide to getting a pixelmon server up and running on the current sponge and forge releases (when you ignore the recommended version in the download page :/)

1. download http://files.minecraftforge.net/maven/n ... er-win.exe then run, select install server
2. install server to folder e.g. C:\pixelmonserver
3. browse to C:\pixelmonserver
4. run minecraft_server.1.8.9.jar then exit
5. close then edit and save eula.txt changing eula=false to eula=true
6. run minecraft_server.1.8.9.jar once again then exit
7. customize server.properties as necessary.
7. run forge-1.8.9-11.15.1.1902-1.8.9-universal.jar then stop and exit
8. download and save http://files.minecraftforge.net/maven/o ... A-1572.jar to c:\pixelmonserver\mods
9. download pixelmon 4.2.7 - 1.8.9 - Recommended from downloads.php and save jar file to c:\pixelmonserver\mods
10. run forge-1.8.9-11.15.1.1902-1.8.9-universal.jar
11. enjoy pixelmon server, nb. to add more mods and spongeplugins to c:\pixelmonserver\mods

here's a simple run.bat copy and save to c:\pixelmonserver
@echo off
echo %cd%>"%temp%\serverpath.txt"
set /P serverpath=<"%temp%\serverpath.txt"
cd /d "%serverpath%"
FOR /F "tokens=*" %%M IN ('dir /b ^"forge*.jar^"') DO java.exe -jar %%M -nogui
pause
exit

I had to insert my own path to java at the start of the run.bat and
add the environment variable path and now the cmd doesnt finishe it is saying this

[22:43:31] [Server thread/ERROR]: This crash report has been saved to: C:\Pixelmon Server\.\crash-reports\crash-2016-07-24_22.43.31-server.txt
[22:43:31] [Server thread/WARN] [FML]: Can't revert to frozen GameData state without freezing first.
[22:43:31] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: The state engine was in incorrect state ERRORED and forced into state SERVER_STOPPED. Errors may have been discarded.
[22:43:31] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: The state engine was in incorrect state ERRORED and forced into state AVAILABLE. Errors may have been discarded.

I will reply again with the entire cmd for any further information required, im really stumped if anyone could help I would appreciate it
JOIN THE TEAM