Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By SilentkillarHF
#175870 Hello everyone,

So I've been playing pixelmon for some days now, and I've come across some bugs.
I was playing on my dedicated 1.7.10 server with pixelmon mod on with some friends, and we got pretty far in the game. We got ourselves some legendaries, and eventually wanted to get Rayquaza or Ho-Oh. We were pretty annoyed because they NEVER spawned. I even went into the config file and put the spawnrate to "2" (NOTE: this was the old config file! Pixelmon version 3.5.1). We were in Mesa (Bryce) biome, but Ho-Oh NEVER spawned. We went into a Sunflower plain biome, but Rayquaza NEVER spawned. Eventually we found out that it DIDN'T work. We switched Minecraft and Forge versions to 1.8.9 which is where the newest pixelmon versions is. But now as I'm used to the old config, I don't know how to configurate the new config. I tried putting the legendarySpawnChance to 1, the legendarySpawnTicks to 50 and the legendaryRepeatSpawnTicks to like 150. I found myself a Sunflower plains biome, and put the time to dawn and dusk. NO RAYQUAZA. I knew that Celebi spawned a lot in the older version of pixelmon. I found myself a Flower forest, but NO Celebi.... I also tried a Deserthills biome, Groudon did spawn. Am I doing something wrong.... How can I make all the legendaries spawn, and HOW do I configurate this new config..

Please help me in this confusing moment...
Thanks in advanced.

- SilentkillarHF :)

By vitorrstwr
#176001 Other Pokémon are spawning near you or your friends? If you are spawning a few, will influence the spawning calculation of legendaries pokemon.

Ho-oh had not yet been added in version 1.7.10

Here is information about the new spawn of legendaries Pokémon:
http://pixelmonmod.com/wiki/index.php?title=Legendaries

In pixelmon.hocon of 1.8.9, basically:

• "legendaryRepeatSpawnTicks": The minimum time that the same legendary pokemon may spawn again, where each 20 ticks = 1 second. So the default setting: 96000 ticks (96000 ticks/20 ticks)= 4800 seconds (4800 seconds/60 seconds) = 80 minutes.
• "legendarySpawnChance": Chance of 0-1 (where 0,1=10%; 0,2=20%, ...) that a Legendary spawn attempt will succeed.
• "legendarySpawnTicks": Average number of how many Pokemon have to spawn before a legendary pokemon try to spawn.

And you probably know and understand these two, but see if both are activated (true): "allowLegendarySpawn" and "displayLegendaryGlobalMessage".

I play Pixelmon in Lan mode with friends using the latest version of 1.8.9, and my settings for spawning legendary Pokemon are:
• legendaryRepeatSpawnTicks=96000
• legendarySpawnChance=1
• legendarySpawnTicks=1500
And they usually spawn. I do not know specifically what might be causing your problem, but if you are playing with more mods, see if they are not interfering in any way by removing them.

I wish you luck!
JOIN THE TEAM