Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By BunsenGyro
#173880 Hey guys, sorry if this is in the wrong forum section, but I wanted to post this so people could hopefully look over it while I'm at an event tonight.

So I have a private server for friends, hosted my MCProHosting, and I want to put Pixelmon on it. It has an option to pay them to do it for me, but it also allows me access to the server files through FileZilla and stuff. However, I am technologically illiterate; would you be able to tell me how to go about putting Pixelmon on my server? (The latest version of Pixelmon, specifically) Please and thank you!! I don't want to put any plugins or anything on my server -- it's just a private server for my friends and I to use.

By KyoSohma
#173887 Do you have forge or sponge on the server if so, there should be a mods folder in ftp that you access with filezilla, or directly from the multicraft control panel, once you locate the mods folder just upload the pixelmon jar file into it like putting it in your mods folder, after that it should load up and you should have pixelmon. On the other hand if you do not have any server jar that supports mods like a forge server, you will have to get one and upload it, then on the main control panel page through multicraft specify the jar you want to use
By BunsenGyro
#173913 Err, okay? Filezilla itself is very confusing to me, though. And, I'm not positive I'll be able to get forge onto my server without messing it up. If someone could explain how to do this stuff as if I was five, that would be superb.
By SnowBlitzz
#173914 Mcprohosting most likely has something for that like many other hosts (I am not sure). Go to your mcprohosting console and select a forge version: http://puu.sh/oYnYd/e12155715c.png , click save then restart the server.

Make sure the pixelmon mod is in your mods folder though
By BunsenGyro
#173918 Nope, there's no Forge option. After standard Minecraft, it lists a bunch of modpacks and mods (Pixelmon included) but they require modpack support, which is basically paying them to handle it for me. I feel like that's a bit of a ripoff, if they're trying to make it as hard as possible otherwise.
By SnowBlitzz
#173919 Ahh but I think there's a custom jar file option, yes? (100% should have, if not then it's a ripoff XD)

Choose custom jar file option.
Click save.
Go to your FTP and login to the server.
Upload your forge.jar in the jar folder (whichever version you're using).
rename the forge.jar to "custom.jar" - without the "s
restart the server
By Ayyavazi
#173936 Hey BunsenGyro,

I had this exact problem about three months ago. Took me about 12 hours to get everything set up, and lots of research with various help files and videos on MCProhosting, Filezilla, etc. I would walk you through this, but honestly, the post would be pages of text and take me an hour or two to write (since I'm an amateur myself. Instead, I'll give you the guide links you need and explain discrepancies or tricks as we go. However, before you get started, you have to actually download the pixelmon file. You can't use their client for this part, sorry. Put the file somewhere you can get to easily. You can find the download file here:

http://www.pixelmonmod.com/downloads.php

First, up is connecting FileZilla to your server.

All of this can be found at: https://clients.mcprohosting.com/knowledgebase/30/How-to-Use-FTP.html

Next, you have to install forge on your server. I know you don't want to, but for pixelmon to work you need to.

https://clients.mcprohosting.com/knowledgebase/94/How-to-Install-Forge.html

In step 10, it will tell you to rename a jar file, either way instead of renaming the file to custom.jar, you must rename it to custom18.jar The reason is that the newer version of pixelmon/forge requires Java 8 to run, and minecraft (for some reason) doesn't default to java 8 unless your jar file says to (by adding the 18). I don't really understand it, but my server didn't work till I made this change.

In step 17 it will tell you to change your jar name on MCPro to custom.jar. You need to make sure it says custom18.jar here as well.

Finally, create a world for your server and start it up (Step 18) It will not be a pixelmon server/world. However, you still need to do this, as the first time forge runs, it modifies the client (minecraft) and adds a bunch of folders, including the all-important mods folder everyone is talking about.

Then, in Step 19, the help file instructs you to simply add your files into the mod folder. This is where it stops explaining things nicely. So, I'll try to help.

First, FileZilla breaks itself up into a left and right side/box. The left side is what is on your computer. You can navigate your computer's directories, which is important when selecting files to upload. The right side is the server, assuming you are connected. If you are not connected, the box will be blank (except for the very first time you connect, when the box will likely have little to nothing in it, after clicking connect).

So, to upload files to the server, you navigate to where you want the files to go on the right (the mods folder) and navigate on the left to where the files are. Then you drag and drop from left to right.

So, turn your server off again, and navigate to where you keep your pixelmon file. Moving it will not erase it from your computer. It just copies.

So, you find the pixelmon file for 4.2.5 (or whichever version) and move it over to the mods folder on the right. If you have messed around, just click the folder symbol with the two periods after it and you'll go "up" one folder. Do this till it doesn't change any more, and you should see a mods folder about halfway down. Double-click to get in, and then drag over your pixelmon file. I would also recommend the IVS/EVS mod, as it helps players out a little.

Now, you have to go back to your MCPro control panel and fix a few things before starting up your server. First, you'll need to whitelist everyone, including yourself. Here's a link to help you out:

https://clients.mcprohosting.com/knowledgebase/34/How-to-Whitelist-Your-Minecraft-Server.html

Now, this instruction tells you to use your Multicraft control panel, but it really means MCPro's control panel. Don't be confused. Make sure to whitelist yourself and each of your friends (separately). This way, no one but your friends can log on to your server.

Next, you need to make sure the server difficulty is where you want it. To do so, use this guide:

https://clients.mcprohosting.com/knowledgebase/55/How-to-Change-Your-Servers-Difficulty.html

Now, double-check to make sure hardcore is turned OFF (unless you want it on) my MCPro defaulted it to on, and it caused me numerous headaches when my first player inevitably died by falling into lava.

That's all I can think of for issues and problems. Hopefully this helped.

Best,

Ayyavazi
By Ayyavazi
#173938 P.S. Oh, one last thing. Make sure to create a new world before starting your server once pixelmon is all set up. Otherwise, the world you create with forge the first time will not have pixelmon stuff in it (like pokecenters and such ) until you get about 15 chunks from the spawn point. Better to not make that mistake.
JOIN THE TEAM