Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By VenomousCurse
#173672 Hello every1,

I decided to come here to get some help out of you because I'm sure there's more experienced hosters out there.
I'm currently hosting a Pixelmon 4.2.5. mixed with CustomNPCs. The idea of the server is open survival while getting some fun quests along the way that resemble the anime/manga/games journeys.

As you can imagine I'm currently using Sponge API and I'm working on the latest recommended build (1.8.9 - 4.1.0-BETA-1320). I'm also using some plugins for the basics, like Polis to claim, EssentialCmds, Evs/Ivs, ActionBroadcaster, etc..

I'm also currently giving 14GB Ram to the server.
My first question is: How many players should I be able to have online with this amount?
The server runs smooth but when we start reaching 20ish players we start getting some spikes, casual chat delay.

I promised my player base I wouldn't disable Flying/Riding, I was suggested to make HUBs for biomes instead of open map to limit the size but I really hate that I feel like it ruins it for people who actually enjoy survival!
To be honest I think it's me missing something because the machine is pretty good and I feel like it should be able to handle a bit more.

So my main questions is:
Is there some obvious settings I'm missing or pixelmon is just that heavy?!
I'm accepting all suggestions and willing to give all the info you require!

Lopes122

By VenomousCurse
#173742 Thanks for your answer Mr.Masochism. Here's my specs:
Motherboard
Intel Corporation DH67BL
CPU
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10GHz
Cores/Threads: 4c/4t
RAM
4 x 4096 MB
Disks
1 x 2000GB SATA